Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Quite telling, isn’t it? He must have been sacked on the spot after the game for the statement to be made so quickly, and the owners must be absolutely livid with what they’ve seen. 

Wonder who went to the dressing room to do the dirty work. Gerrard still did the BT interview so wasn't like it happened right after final whistle.

The deed is done. But what's the plan now?

Just now, The_Steve said:

Can’t blame them - probably too soft on Gerrard in the long term but they had to see it to believe it. Nas the Terminator. 

If anything, I blame them for not pulling the trigger after the opening game 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Wonder who went to the dressing room to do the dirty work. Gerrard still did the BT interview so wasn't like it happened right after final whistle.

The deed is done. But what's the plan now?

I hope they dumped him by text. 

whe  were the owners at the game? this was the brutality we needed a few games back, i would have thought WE especially, coming from the private equity industry would have acted sooner personally, glad its been done finally though. To not wait till the morning or until we are either back in Birmingham is brutal but brilliant though! The owners must have said to him "you are welcome to travel back to birmingham on the coach with us, or stay in london, its your call, either way, don't turn up to training tommorow".

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Pochettino announced tomorrow?

As I said the other day wheels have been in motion. Whether he agrees or not is not one I’m privy too.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

It's symbolic. Like a flag at half-mast, or a black armband, or fireworks display with a marching band and free beers for everyone.

I suppose it is, but there's still an Aston Villa conversation to be had.

Â