Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

There's a few rumblings of Lange being the problem.

It's either Gerrard and Lange or Gerrard alone that needs to go. Throw Purslow in as well for me.

I don't care who we did or didn't sign. It isn't this bad. We are set up abysmally and will finish bottom with the formation. With this broken plan. As was pointed out last season.

• Like 1

It seems VT is fairly united on where we stand on Gerrard’s position. What’s the mood around town (mate) and VP? 

Surely, if VT is even close to representative of the general mood, Saturday is going to be a 40 000 strong lynch mob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the owners should save the fans from a toxic atmosphere on Saturday, never mind Gerrard. There is only one way Sat is playing out and it doesn't look like playing out well with Gerrard at the wheel. 

At half 5 on tv, it won’t be a good look for them if he’s still here

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I think the most important lesson I have learned from SG tenure is that, you and I, can win the Scottish League if we get to manage either Celtic or Rangers.

What a load of rubbish.

Most new Gerrard wasn’t ready for the PL, nothing to do with the clubs who are now both playing CL football.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the owners should save the fans from a toxic atmosphere on Saturday, never mind Gerrard. There is only one way Sat is playing out and it doesn't look like playing out well with Gerrard at the wheel. 

Yeah there is no point prolonging matters now. Appoint a caretaker manager for Saturday (probably Critchley) and nip any bad atmosphere in the bud now. I can’t see him lasting today to be honest, surely he is in the office now being relieved of his duties.

The next appointment is critical now, please get someone in with some pedigree. The manager is the most critical position in the first team, get that right and the rest should follow. 

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The only way I could have any respect for him now is if he were to resign. 

Never happens anymore.  The say they're not quitters trying to make it sound noble where are they really just want the money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I know this is probably an odd thing to write here, but I really hope he doesn't get cabbaged. It makes us look so stupid. 

How about avocado, would that make us look classy? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 3

I'm sure the powers that be are grafting behind the scenes to sort a new manager. To just ignore the fact we are as good as bottom of the league and not winning football games with Gerrard is financial and reputational suicide. These owners don't look the sort to allow that.

I also think the signings are now not down to Gerrard, which is why we haven't heard much. 

44 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There's a few rumblings of Lange being the problem.

It's either Gerrard and Lange or Gerrard alone that needs to go. Throw Purslow in as well for me.

I don't care who we did or didn't sign. It isn't this bad. We are set up abysmally and will finish bottom with the formation. With this broken plan. As was pointed out last season.

I suspect he'll be the fall guy here - whether deserved or not. He doesn't ever speak to the media so it'll be ideal to throw him under the bus. I reckon Purslow will clear the whole hierarchy out to protect himself from criticism.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I know this is probably an odd thing to write here, but I really hope he doesn't get cabbaged. It makes us look so stupid. 

This would be funny , runs on the pitch, lobs **** at Gerrard and leaves 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It seems VT is fairly united on where we stand on Gerrard’s position. What’s the mood around town (mate) and VP? 

Surely, if VT is even close to representative of the general mood, Saturday is going to be a 40 000 strong lynch mob. 

I live 5 minute drive from Villa Park, and everybody I know from Villa community, to friends, family, colleagues who are Villa fans thinks Gerrard should be gone, no question

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

What a load of rubbish.

Most new Gerrard wasn’t ready for the PL, nothing to do with the clubs who are now both playing CL football.

Had we brought in Rodgers or Postecoglou (feel free to add a competent manager from another club for balance - they just spring to mind immediately) - a manager/head coach (call them the cleaning lady for all I care) with a functional system/plan to get the team playing - directly from the SPL, then all would see the difference between a good coach and Steven Gerrard. 

Â