Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not  a fact at all it’s fake news - ever heard of remi garde? 
as for gerrard I’d give him to saints game 

I think he should/will go after Man City which potentially gives the new man a couple of winnable games to change the mood before the international break. What would you do if we to beat Southampton? Fresh start and wait for him to lose again the following week, which would be the most likely scenario in the unlikely event we beat Southampton or anyone else under his management. 

38 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

What I don't get is he has the chance to change things, but he continues with the same failed system. He needs to give the players a fighting chance to show what they can do!

That’s a very good point. I have been supportive of Gerrard but last night was the last straw for me. Arsenal are on fire. If ever there was a night to alter your tactics and try something different, it was then. Also to then watch that 45 minutes unfold and still do nothing was utterly baffling.

I am petrified about who will come next though. We seem to be operating on panic mode at the moment so a replacement could be equally as inept.

8 hours ago, kevpants said:

Remember when his legs went as a player and he was going to drop back into a quarterback type role and dictate the play? Remember how shit he was?

That was because he was tactically inept and couldn’t read the game.

He was a blood and thunder, driving run, 30 yard screamer player. He never understood the game. He was never going to be a top manager. 

His massive ego and arrogance removed any sense of self-awareness then just as it’s doing now.

55 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not  a fact at all it’s fake news - ever heard of remi garde? 
as for gerrard I’d give him to saints game 

You cant be serious eastie. We are near the bottom of the league. Ive seen enough to accept he cant improve us. I think he is taking us down and has lost the dressing room. 

You can see it on the pitch, baileys dads even gone public to criticise him. Just take the hit said it hasnt worked out and get someone experienced at top level in. No more gambles like henry gerrard etc.

I’d love to know what he’s like to work with. Doesn’t seem interested in analytics-based approaches to scouting (talks about ‘winners’ more than ability), hasn’t showed much ability to connect with fans, has created internal unrest with the captaincy thing, and his talk of tactics (at least publicly) has been incomprehensible.

Other than ‘I am Steven Gerrard’ what does he bring to the table? I’m struggling to see it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Didn't realise that. None too close to the dugout, so I'm going to spend tomorrow morning measuring how far I can lob a cabbage

If he's in situ still you just know that numerous people are going to try it. Security need a cabbage scanner. 

3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

If there’s no new signing coming in today, we can safely assume he will be sack very soon. 

I don’t think it makes a difference. Players aren’t stupid (well their agents aren’t anyway). They will know full well the situation with the manager and the likelihood there will be a lot of change in the coming weeks.  The main motivation for players to join us today will most likely be the money.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If he's in situ still you just know that numerous people are going to try it. Security need a cabbage scanner. 

The sidelines will look like a vegan dirty protest at about the 60 minute mark after Haaland scores his 4th 

• Haha 1

Â