The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why? You mean the reaction to it? He’s been coaching a lot longer than Gerrard and is a promising manager.

He managed in the MLS and lasted 18 months in France........There would have bee an utter melt down....doing ok isnt he now given a chance? 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ignore who he is quote tweeting, this guy is the best sauce I know of. Make of it what you will. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

Crikey, I take it all back, he's the one I want and I'm getting a StevieG tattoo.

YNWA 😪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cb_82 said:

He managed in the MLS and lasted 18 months in France........There would have bee an utter melt down....doing ok isnt he now given a chance? 

Not sure what your point is, even people who are unsure of Gerrard will give him a chance.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wait, do we think it's happening now due to some random ITK twitter account?

To be fair, a couple of our own on here ( Not bullshitters ) have been indicating for a couple of days that they've heard it will be him.

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Why in this situation would we/should we make this risky appointment. It's a massive decision/gamble and we shouldn't be hoping he comes good. If this appointment goes wrong we could be relegation candidates.

It could be a backwards step. He has proved nothing. Potter, Hassenhult are less risky and rewards are just as high. 

Potter isn't coming to us if Brighton finish in the top 10, I'm sorry he just isn't. Villa fans seem to think we're a lot more attractive proposition to managers than we actually are. There's a reason most of the managers we've been linked to have been rather disappointing. 

And to be frank, Potter hasn't really proved he's much good at this level either. All he's done prior to this season is battle relegation. He's just a popular name because he's done well this season so far, but we've seen this happen before. He's not the first manager to have his team over perform for one part of the season before the team goes to shit later and he won't be the last. 

Similar with Hassenhuttl. He's done nothing special with Southampton and he's had some absolutely torrid losses the past couple of years.

We know what both these managers are about. We know they're not terrible at this level, but they're not exceptional either. It's low risk but low potential reward. Gerrard is the high risk high potential reward candidate purely because we don't know how well he'll be able to perform at this level. 

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

How can u possibly see Gerrard as a step backwards? The risk with Gerrard is that he is unknown at this level and the risk is potentially worth taking because of what he has achieved in his career to date. I don't think it is possible for anyone to be able to say Gerrard is a step backwards.

What’s he achieved exactly.? 

he is in (with greatest respect to Scottish Football ) managing in a league where you have a 50 /50 chance of winning the title . 
If it’s him I’m very surprised at the owners . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

A rangers podcast has commented saying there’s been no contact been made (I find that hard to believe). I just want this nonsense over with 

148FF47D-3FD5-4AEA-BE8A-19A8041D5140.jpeg

80C9A2C1-01B1-43F1-B548-A7A6E1BD3CAA.jpeg

Far more inclined to believe the "we've not made contact" I don't think he is our man, a red herring, like Henry. 

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The average PL manager lasts 2 years 8 weeks. So we should no more worry about where Gerrard would be in a few years than any other manager we care to appoint.

How long do the good ones last?

Serious question - because my impression is they last longer than that on average, and we want a good one, don't we?

(edit, obviously the play on words isn't the serious bit)

• Like 4