The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

Just the kind of gritty, edgy, toughness that fans are clamoring for!

Just the job!!!!😀

Edited by TRO

I'd come round to Gerrard. Takes no shit and even though Ranger's is a easy ride, you gotta be hard enough to manage them players. I mean Morelos is playing the best football he has ever played, an he's got the equivalent of Roy Keane's attitude, some saying he was impossible to manage.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The pundits will want him to do well so that they can talk up him leaving at the end of every year

He'll be using us for his CV in his Liverpool interview when klopp leaves, he'll also get column inches linking him to the England job

If he does well... Succeed or fail I don't see him seeing out a contract with us and for that reason Im not fussed by him 

And that's before you look at him as a person and what his rangers achievements are even worth, not a clue what his brand of football is like 

All true, whilst also not negating what I said. That silver lining is all it is for me...around the very big black cloud of everything else you mention. 

Edited by MrBlack

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Every manager wants to succeed and go onto better things.

Don't you think Derby thought that about Lampard?

Or any other fans of a club who has a manager that one day will piss off too xx club because he spent his career their etc.

Unless you're Man City, Chelsea or Real Madrid, every manager that is at a club could always have a 'He might piss off one day to better things'.

Hell, I remember us at one stage as fans shitting it that if Dean Smith progressed us then England would come calling.

It's a bizarre mindset.

Are you perhaps meaning to respond to somebody else? You're not really responding to what I wrote here.

Anyway, just listening to Villa View and Bardell seemed fairly convinced it's going to be Gerrard, so I guess we'll find out if your man is up to it or not.

5 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Yeah... I know....

... but I can dream.

I think he would do well, but it does seem unlikely.

I remember him turning Brisbane into Roarcelona, and after he left, they became more like Brisbane Pubs United. It shows the effect of not just having a good manager, but what happens when a good manager leaves.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

It needs to be someone, who has that edge, that winning psyche, someone who will inspire.

Football players get inspiration from football men who have won things.....You need credibilty to inspire at the top level, not just text book jargon.

I think Stevie G could be a candidate, but my ideal man would be Erik Ten Hag.

Foreign managers on the whole can be a bit of a lottery....I want a driver, a man to inject steel and a competitive edge in to us.....not a cosmetic manager, like remi Garde.

Many bigger teams have tried, and failed, to get Ten Hag so we have no chance, especially as they’re top of their Champs league group.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are you perhaps meaning to respond to somebody else? You're not really responding to what I wrote here.

Anyway, just listening to Villa View and Bardell seemed fairly convinced it's going to be Gerrard, so I guess we'll find out if your man is up to it or not.

Does Dan know much most of the time? 

• Haha 1

A lot of Rangers fans seem to rate Beale and want him to have the manager's job should Gerrard leave, so if it is Gerrard hopefully we bringing him in as well if he's been that important to Ranger's success.

Just now, Dale said:

Does Dan know much most of the time? 

He prefaced it by saying how he wasn't supposed to say anything very specific, but also stated that he'd been talking to people at the club . . . I don't think it was meant to be certain or anything, but since it chimes with all the media reports which also put Gerrard as the favourite, it seems easy to believe Gerrard is the first choice.

2 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Many bigger teams have tried, and failed, to get Ten Hag so we have no chance, especially as they’re top of their Champs league group.

That’s absolutely right, we’re not at the point right now where we can attract managers like that. People say they don’t know who they want but we need someone well established. Well all the well established managers in any top league are pretty much out of our reach no matter how much money we offer, they can get that anywhere at a club that’s currently a better option for them. The only established managers we could realistically get are the likes of Sean Dyche and a large number of posters would have a hissy fit if we appointed him. There is always an element of risk with any appointment unless you really are eating at the top table. That’s just the way it is.