The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Paulo Fonseca is an interesting prospect. Attacking, possession based football. Currently 4/1 with the bookies. Alps linked now and 3 years ago. 

He turned down Spurs because of English tax rates so why would he come to us? More BS links like every transfer window

42 minutes ago, useless said:

Now we're talking, if we're serious about challening for top six these are the kind of names we should be looking at.

Don’t listen to the guy you were quoting, he’s bonkers.

😜

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He turned down Spurs because of English tax rates so why would he come to us? More BS links like every transfer window

A **** daft reason to turn down a Premier League job tbh.

Anyway I'd be surprised if we didnt talk to Koeman.  I think he has more of a chance than people expect, assuming Gerrard hasn't in fact already got the job.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Jist because you can't understand that creating lots of chances and conceding few, is what leads to winning football doesn't mean you have to keep shitting on a person who has proven himself to be a fairly excellent manager 

Sorry you lost me.

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He apparently flew in on Friday. Maybe he’s got a better accountant. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst it’s sad to see Smith leave I’m actually excited about who we appoint and how things turn out. I’m optimistic.

Give me some of that optimism, I’m currently incredibly pessimistic about us given the names being banded around currently…

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Thought it was more to do with Mendes positioning Gattusso for the job after he had all but agreed to join… Anyhow think he is being touted by his agent for a job 

Do people think playing experience as a captain in the Premier League ala Gerrard counts for something. I worry if we get him his lack of experience would be an issue and the fact there is no real competition up in Scotland. He may be able to attract a higher level of player to Villa given his name. 

It's a tough one, I still think having thought about this Hassenhuttl is the best option. I think NSWE know Gerrard would take the job at VP but maybe there's a chance Hassenhuttl can't be signed so we've got either or. 

I can't see it being anyone other than those two. Potter is doing well but it's maybe a little flavour of the month with him right now. I'd take Hassenhuttl as he has more experience and he fits our squad well.

I've really come around to being excited with Hassenhuttl taking over even though Gerrard is fav. 

44 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t know anything about Favre admittedly. Did a bit of digging and don’t see why everyone is so excited? Average record and binned off after two seasons at Dortmund? Do people see Dortmund and just get horny because of Klopp, Haaland, etc. 

His record really isn't average at all when viewed in context, and any excitement for him would extend far beyond his time at Dortmund.