The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Koeman? Or would he be too burnt out from barca? 

Not saying I'd want him. Just he might be an option 

No god please no. Like i said in a previous thread, he has failed at every single club he has been at since Ajax. If he gets appointed, I’m not going to watch a Villa game again until he is gone

• Like 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

please take your bigotry to the off topic area. 

I wanted to say something similar but couldn’t think how to phrase it. Let’s not be a rocket polisher football club with outdated opinions please. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jim said:

The more I think about it, I think it will be Gerrard.

Had an unbelievable year with Rangers going 12 months unbeaten in the league, has history of working with young players at Liverpool and is a big name that will get plenty of media attention.

@AvfcRigo82 liked it, must Stevie G 🥰

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's been some good jokes in this thread, but the overall feeling is very depressing to be honest.

That's exactly where I'm at. These suggestions are a horror show. It's at least allowed me to laugh during an otherwise somber moment.

Seriously though stop saying Gerrard. Even if he's a success the hundreds of post fretting about him leaving for Liverpool every season will be too much. Let him get his PL experience with some other sucker club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its all a bit exciting though isn't it? :) 

I think the new manager will tell us a lot of about our clubs ambition.

I did really like Smith as a person, ans although there were faults to his management I thought he was good overall. Certainly one of the best we’ve had in the last decade (not an illustrious bunch though!)

But yeah, this is super exciting! Can’t wait to see a new manager, new style, a new start for the squad, then they’ll get back in January make a marquee signing… we can dream! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Would be very underwhelmed with Gerrard and really hope it isn't him - but if we were to go in for him I think it would be based on the fact he's done a good job in Europe with Rangers as well as winning the SPL

I don't think it will be Stevie G. That would be naive beyond belief. He'd just be discussing Liverpool at every presser. It would be a re run of Houllier.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No it really isn't. Because results don't really transition between clubs. Because the players are different. A great striker or goal keeper will mean your results look a lot better than they should. In potters case they look worse than they should because his best attacking player is meal maupay. 

So what you are saying is actually winning games shouldn't be important as long as there are good excuses?