Paulo Fonseca

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Fonseca's points return is far more impressive than Lennon's. Lennon went from getting 70% at Celtic to 23% at Bolton. Fonseca went from 74% at SD to 54% at Roma. Do you think that is comparable or did you post hat comment without considering their win percentages and what teams they were at?

Do you think Bolton and Roma are comparable teams? You’re wanking into your socks about a manager who has won almost nothing outside Ukraine, and is available mainly for that reason.

He’s clearly a decent coach, but the only thing that really translates is how coaches have performed in England/Spain/Germany/Italy, and maybe, at a push, France. Everything else is just stats padding. We all know that.

So we have a brief spell at Roma to go on, where he was decent enough, but won nothing.

I’d take him at Villa, but your contributions to this thread are frankly bizarre.

• Like 4

Just now, KentVillan said:

Do you think Bolton and Roma are comparable teams? You’re wanking into your socks about a manager who has won almost nothing outside Ukraine, and is available mainly for that reason.

He’s clearly a decent coach, but the only thing that really translates is how coaches have performed in England/Spain/Germany/Italy, and maybe, at a push, France. Everything else is just stats padding. We all know that.

So we have a brief spell at Roma to go on, where he was decent enough, but won nothing.

I’d take him at Villa, but your contributions to this thread are frankly bizarre.

No I don't think Bolton and Roma are comparable whatsoever, hence comparing Lennon and Fonseca is futile. I am pleased you agree

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

It's purely because he's not English  Remember when there were a lot of people who wanted Henry over Smith?  Same reason...  Exotic and mysterious.  I'd only swap Deano for one Portuguese manager, and that's Mourinho, someone who many on here called "past it" last season.  

I've been a Villa fan since 1994. The best managers we've had in this time are all English. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I mean, if we change Dean's name to a sexy Portuguese one, will we get better?

Dino Faze-la O Errado?

34 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Dino Cinco-Três-Dois

Unsexy.

Although, we tend to get bent over whenever we use it, and in the Wolves case, from behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I've been a Villa fan since 1994. The best managers we've had in this time are all English. 

I've been a fan that long too. Only Houllier and Remi Garde were not from the UK during that period - so it's not saying much that our best were all English.

Edited by ozvillafan

You'll have to keep an eye out for anyone dressed like this skulking around Villa Park, then again it's Halloween so...

Roma hires coach Paulo Fonseca from Shakhtar Donetsk

Fwiw I think Fonseca is the type of manager our data focused football people like Lange would be interested in. He ticks a lot of boxes and if we were to get rid of Smith I be very happy with Fonseca. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Isn’t it more likely he’s off to Newcastle? Reports stating he’s been interviewed/is keen/has cancelled commitments in Portugal tomorrow etc

And this link is no doubt his agent applying the squeeze 

Same as player transfers, the last minute link to someone else to give you the upper hand in negotiations 

• Like 1

Â