Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Young has been our best palyer so I think that was a good sub. Two bad errors for their goals has cost us and I wonder why Arsenal let Martinez go and see the difference in the distribution from Ramsdale compared to him.  

First half of a match when he hasn’t been particularly good and you can understand why Arsenal let him go. Well done you get a prize. 

• Haha 1

Everybody just looks bereft of confidence out there. To be blunt about it, they need to get their heads out of their asses and man up or we will be in a relegation fight this year; something before this season started I never thought I'd say.

• Like 1

I don't want Smith gone unless his replacement is an absolute genius. I don't want any **** Lampards or Gerrards coming in and acting the big fish. Give me an experienced old tactician like Mancini or someone of that ilk.

And if you think they wouldn't come here, then that tells you everything you need to know about whether or not we should stick with Smith.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I know it sounds stupid but maybe Villa need a mental health coach! We have gone from sensational to shocking. The throwing 2 goals away vs Wolves showed that. Players look devoid of confidence. 

How about not getting on their f***ing back every time we lose?

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I don't want Smith gone unless his replacement is an absolute genius. I don't want any **** Lampards or Gerrards coming in and acting the big fish. Give me an experienced old tactician like Mancini or someone of that ilk.

And if you think they wouldn't come here, then that tells you everything you need to know about whether or not we should stick with Smith.

I've heard a few people suggest Gerrard is in the frame, and I'd be absolutely gutted

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Sick of this BS narrative that “we were better when the fans weren’t there” is absolute rubbish.

We were better when we had Grealish, when we didn’t we were largely shit even without the fans.

The biggest problem we have is that for three years we have been good with Grealish and shit without him despite spend £300m. People really need to wake up to that because it is just a fact.

Villa Park could be empty and we would still be struggling without Grealish because that has been the pattern for 3 years.

It isn’t the fans attendance or absence that is the problem. People need to start waking up to what the actual issue is.

I Don agree because Grealish falling over now or being hacked wouldn't help us now the rule change of play on more.

Is a pointless discussion now and argument because if one of our players tried it so much they'd just be booked or ref would wave play on.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Got Ranieri the sack at Leicester apparently. Leicester actually wanted Ranieri back soon after.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We 100% need one

I know mings talks about having one personally 

I always thought this, think he’s. Bit of a snake 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Agreed. I want smith out now so we can kick on but also very happy to wait til we can nab someone world class.