Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

53 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'll check in on my phone, if at any point we are two goals clear, I'll join the match thread.

So...see you for the Saints game :trollface:

Remember when we watched Villa Spurs round yours and we were 4-0 up . . . .

Just now, SuperTed said:

Remember when we watched Villa Spurs round yours and we were 4-0 up . . . .

Yeah like a **** really horrible nightmare.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Morgan is sick.

if we have no Dougie, we're in a bit of trouble I think.

I don't think Luiz is that big a loss if out.  Lets face it the midfield has been crap anyway and Marv can come in and do a job and allow McGinn to venture forward more

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think Luiz is that big a loss if out.  Lets face it the midfield has been crap anyway and Marv can come in and do a job and allow McGinn to venture forward more

The midfield has struggled, but Luiz and McGinn have been consistent - it's a toss up between the two as to our best midfielder this season.

I think there's a drop off to Nakamba and to Ramsey - it's why we needed one more in the summer - take out either of those two and we're much weaker.

I'm not sure there's anything in the rumour to be honest, but it's a blow if it's true.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The midfield has struggled, but Luiz and McGinn have been consistent - it's a toss up between the two as to our best midfielder this season.

I think there's a drop off to Nakamba and to Ramsey - it's why we needed one more in the summer - take out either of those two and we're much weaker.

I'm not sure there's anything in the rumour to be honest, but it's a blow if it's true.

Its probably the one game where Nakamba might be more suited if not we could pick him anyway instead of Ramsey. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its probably the one game where Nakamba might be more suited if not we could pick him anyway instead of Ramsey. 

I think Luiz and Nakamba as two 6's with McGinn as an 8 could work - with Buendia and Bailey out wide and either of the front two up top it'd be fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Luiz and Nakamba as two 6's with McGinn as an 8 could work - with Buendia and Bailey out wide and either of the front two up top it'd be fine.

That's the team to be honest! It's basics isn't it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Today's Villa-patented bankers:

Listening to 5Live, Tomas Soucek was speaking about his lack of goals/assists in the league this year. Probably happy to speak about this seeing the Villa up next.

Anyone else in their team on a barren run?

we always help them out, so annoying.

Assuming any of the rumours to be true, Luiz is the one that worries me.  Play with one striker and the Ings loss can be managed, and as much as I like him Mings has been ropey of late, but we've been noticeably worse without Luiz in the side and I don't really think this is a game that "suits" Nakamba tbh.

• Like 1