Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

There’s absolutely hope for tomorrow. We are due some luck against West Ham. They are also nowhere near as good as people are making out. We played them off the park at their place last season, despite the result. We are at home. We have got the players. 
Dean needs to pick the best 11, in their best positions and employ the most beneficial tactics. That’s his job and if he does it well we will play well and have a very good chance of winning. If he doesn’t then he deserves all of the stick that will come his way. 

• Like 2

What scares me is seeing today just how poor that Spurs team are... & we lost to them a couple of weeks back!  The worrying thing for me about tomorrow is that with one of the two teams you know exactly what you're gonna get and can have complete faith that they'll battle all the way.......... Not sure about us mind! Will we turn up for the first half this time? Will we capitulate for 15 minutes and concede a quick 3 goals? 

It's a big concern and probably one of the worst teams to face at the moment with the question marks this Villa team have at the mo is West Ham as they will be100% at it from start to finish in all likelihood. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

What scares me is seeing today just how poor that Spurs team are... & we lost to them a couple of weeks back!  The worrying thing for me about tomorrow is that with one of the two teams you know exactly what you're gonna get and can have complete faith that they'll battle all the way.......... Not sure about us mind! Will we turn up for the first half this time? Will we capitulate for 15 minutes and concede a quick 3 goals? 

It's a big concern and probably one of the worst teams to face at the moment with the question marks this Villa team have at the mo is West Ham as they will be100% at it from start to finish in all likelihood. 

All Tottenham had when we played them was, Son. I know he is good, but he wasn't unplayable that day. Unfortunately we just failed again to react and change the game to mark him up.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All Tottenham had when we played them was, Son. I know he is good, but he wasn't unplayable that day. Unfortunately we just failed again to react and change the game to mark him up.

Tottenham have a soft underbelly.

Luckily for them they met a team with an even softer underbelly.

I have no doubt things will get better for us this season, we’ve had a tough start for all the reasons previously stated. However, I don’t think tomorrow is the start of the turnaround, too tough a team to come up against. I just wish that people stick with the team when coaching staff tho. 

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Tottenham have a soft underbelly.

Luckily for them they met a team with an even softer underbelly.

Yes I don't care what anyone says. That was a S*** loss to a S*** team, trust us to give it to them. Unfortunately this downturn started with them, which is why I lost a bit of faith in Smith.

If we play the same against Wet Spam tomorrow as the last few games, it'll be a 3+ loss again. So lets hope he's had a word, an we get it together, most players back so no excuses. This doesn't mean I expect a the win, but like I've said, a much better set up and work rate is the least we should expect.

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I have no doubt things will get better for us this season, we’ve had a tough start for all the reasons previously stated. However, I don’t think tomorrow is the start of the turnaround, too tough a team to come up against. I just wish that people stick with the team when coaching staff tho. 

The bookies are right to make West Ham favourites tomorrow but come on, it's not as if we're playing late 2000s/early 2010s Barcelona. It'll be a tough game but we've beaten just as good teams this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

The bookies are right to make West Ham favourites tomorrow but come on, it's not as if we're playing late 2000s/early 2010s Barcelona. It'll be a tough game but we've beaten just as good teams this season.

I agree. If we play to our potential we have a very good chance of winning. West Ham’s players are no better than ours and we are at home.

• Like 1