Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

It would be unfair I think to even put Bailey on in this game and expect a mountain of work from him and if he doesn't do what's required him becoming a bad guy tonight I can see happening.

Do not even know where Watkins and Ings are, what are these two upto because this who Watkins everywhere shutting down opposition like he did last season so far is extinct this one.

Our players are going to have to start doing something because so far they are looking like relegation fodder.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I actually thought it was a 50:50 decision and thus the ref should not have changed his mind. Arsenal though should have been at least 3 or 4 up so it’s not that unjust 

Yeah, the “clear and obvious” error doesn’t seem to have been a factor here.

Target may or may not have caught the leg but he dives off the non impact leg  and that’s what the ref has been sold by, that’s about the 3rd dive from Lacazette 

That said If Smith doesn’t change shape and players at half time i’d relieve him of duty before the second half kicks off 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Targett has indeed been shocking, but that's a great challenge with a huge collapse from Lacazette.

To be fouled, you have to actually be impeded.  Nothing impedes Lazacette at all.  Well, apart from the strong gravitational pull I guess.

Lacazatte deliberately placed his foot to be kicked by Targett and he obliged. We’d be screaming for it at the other end (and wouldn’t be awarded it)

It’s irrelevant anyway - we deserved to be 3 down at least 

There's always overreaction on here, and Arsenal are playing well (although they should be 3-4 up but have rushed some attacking opportunities), but we've really been abysmal. The worst I've seen us for a long time. 

Was just hoping for 1-0 at half time and then seeing how Dean could have changed things. Now I think it's beyond us as the confidence is shot to bits - would obviously love to be wrong though.

Watkins, McGinn and Konsa all really poor, and they're guys who are part of our spine that we can usually rely on.

The one positive... I still bloody love Emi M.

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

I often say you rarely get all 11 players on top of there game. But all other things being equal - you rarely get 10 out of 11 playing so poorly. 

100% - poor across the team. Off day? Possibly. Not sure we can take any more off days anytime soon though. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I actually thought it was a 50:50 decision and thus the ref should not have changed his mind. Arsenal though should have been at least 3 or 4 up so it’s not that unjust 

We deserve to be behind, appalling display so far.

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

But but, we will lose some and win some that's what midtable teams do.

That’s true and I defend that statement but this 45 mins was dogshit!  

No, it was the flies that love dogshit, eating the shit and then shitting themselves.

I’d love to know what happened before the game. Several of the players started with major chips on their shoulders.

I was thinking they were so lucky to get to HT just 1 down. Change it and you never know.

The luck ran out.