Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

A couple of things I guess, first one that we shouldn't ignore - Arsenal have been brilliant - they've got everything right.

For us, I think the shape is wrong - and for me that's not about four or five at the back - it's becoming clearer and clearer week by week that Ings and Watkins aren't a pair, they're an either/or decision. No use playing two up front if that's not where the ball is ever going to be - neither of them is a better winger than El Ghazi, neither of them is a better midfielder than Sanson - they're sharing a role and it's making us look like we're playing with ten men. We've looked awful.

I thought we might hang on for 1--0 at half time and change things, but this one looks over now - no complaints about that, we've been completely outplayed.

14 first half shots from them - none from us - that tells its own story.

Arsenal haven't been brilliant but we have been absolutely retarded so far. Unable to string more than 3 passes together. Final third balls are none existent and creativity. We are so clueless and for me Mcginn is a massive reason we are behaving like donkeys and making mistakes because he alone has caused so many of them.

Axel needs to come off thats 100% the 3 at the back clearly doesnt work. And i would argue Axel is largely to blame as Hause seem's ok there.

I would bring Sanson on and play a 4-3-3 with Ollie on the left. Then later bring Bailey on for Ollie.

Just now, MackHaakon said:

It's evident that this formation is crushing the players confidence. As a back five they do not know when to stay our when to go, enormous hesitation and space for them. This needs to stop or we'll be in a relegation battle.

It will be a relegation fight as smith will have to admit he was wrong with this formation and he’s far too stubborn for that 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Targett gets his toe on the ball

But for me the telling thing is lacazette sees he's not getting the ball, takes half a step forward then falls over 

His fall is a dive, its not natural movement reacting to any contact 

The fall isn’t natural at all, but it looks like  he’s gone through Lacazettes foot to get the ball.

• Like 1

In all seriousness gents that half has me worried about our current mental state. Just look so disinterested and not into the game at all.I understand probably be a let down after what happened against Wolves but we really need to man up and get over it if thats the case.

• Like 3

Right now it's tuanzebe for traore

Buendia for Bailey

And target for young

Go martinez

Cash konsa mings young

Luiz      mcginn

Bailey      ings    traore

Watkins

All of sudden your creating width unshacling mcginn, and ings I think has a better eye as a 10 and to feed off scraps Watkins doesn't get now he's free as there dragged outside to our wide threat. But tbh could easily go mings over tuanzebe off only the fact he used to that 4 he stayed for me.