Pre match thread

roonst83

Three defeats on the spin would be a disaster and there has to be a response. A point doesn't do us much good but it's better than another loss.

If at 7pm on Friday I see Smith has gone 5-3-2 again I think I will scream, I really want to see a flat back four and some wingers/wide forwards for this one.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Nakamba in a middle three with Luiz and McGinn as I think that could work here. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m really glad you mentioned this as it’s good evidence of how ridiculous people are being writing us and Smith off already.

That same season the below teams were below us after 9 games and on 11 points or less: I’ve also listed where they finished.

United  - 5th

Wolves  - 6th

Sheffield Utd - 7th

Pretty sure we were really close to United in the table when we played them. Think it was November time

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure we were really close to United in the table when we played them. Think it was November time

Probably were. Fans seem to forget it’s a 38 game season. @villalad21 not a dig at you mate but when you found that stat you must have seen the teams below us at the time. Yet you went for the most negative angle. That’s what I don’t get. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably were. Fans seem to forget it’s a 38 game season. @villalad21 not a dig at you mate but when you found that stat you must have seen the teams below us at the time. Yet you went for the most negative angle. That’s what I don’t get. 

Oh I get it 😉😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

it really surprised you?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s nice to see this thread finding some ‘middle ground’.

Im sure Dean will have the boys up for it on Friday night, if nothing more I think the players owe us a performance, and a 90+ minute one at that!

It's midweek. Come back tomorrow night after the game:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ll get a performance tomorrow. That I’m sure of. I was positive for the Everton and United games. Called the 3-0 and felt a point at United.  The spurs wolves games I had bad feelings for but I hoped for a draw. 

Im feeling good about tomorrow. I’ve got this lads.  

In Smith and VLV we trust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking like Bailey on the bench, which is nice.

“Leon Bailey has been back training for the last couple of days, so he’s fine as well ... so we’re starting to get a fully fit squad.”

“We are building up their (Leon & Bertie) fitness, they will be in the squad, but we’ll have to assess where they are.

“They have both been out injured for a few weeks, so they are lacking minutes.”

Based on the squad news today, I’d still like us to go with the following team: 

Martinez

Cash         Konsa             Mings       Targett                    

Luiz                 

McGinn                 Sanson

Buendia               Ings                     El Ghazi

Subs:  Steer, Tuanzebe, Hause, Young, Ramsey, Carney, Traore, Bailey, Watkins

Bring Traore, Bailey and Watkins on in the second half to truly rub salt in the Arsenal wounds!  :trollface:

I'd consider starting Nakamba with Luiz. 

It's not the best pair, but it might prove a useful tactic. 

Smith Rowe loves to run through the middle and that's where the main threat lies, we need bodies in his way to slow down the Arsenal threat.