Pre match thread

roonst83

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

El Ghazi is fit

Yeah he's the one! 

PB is back with the kids, young hasn't played on the wing for years, Bailey isn't fit enough to start neither is traore 

I don't like 5 at the back, I also don't like Watkins left wing el ghazi right wing 

Pick your poison 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

People were saying the same about him and 4-3-3 before this season

I don't know anyone who said that. I've always liked 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, never criticised the formation in the past.

5-3-2 doesn't work for this team and that's why Smith gets criticism because he persists with something over and over again for no apparent reason. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah he's the one! 

PB is back with the kids, young hasn't played on the wing for years, Bailey isn't fit enough to start neither is traore 

I don't like 5 at the back, I also don't like Watkins left wing el ghazi right wing 

Pick your poison 

I would prefer to see AEG starting than Axel. If he get injured then Bailey can come on, if he gets injured then we can go to a back 5. The options are there for 433 but we dont take them

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't know anyone who said that. I've always liked 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, never criticised the formation in the past.

5-3-2 doesn't work for this team and that's why Smith gets criticism because he persists with something over and over again for no apparent reason. 

Depends on what you consider "not working". We've won 2 and lost 3 with that formation. This is the 6th game. It's been a mixed bag. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I would prefer to see AEG starting than Axel. If he get injured then Bailey can come on, if he gets injured then we can go to a back 5. The options are there for 433 but we dont take them

The options for 4-3-3 are square pegs in round holes and arguably not any better than 5-3-2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Fell like it's VITALLY important Villa score more goals than Arsenal if we stand ANY chance of winning.

What do you think?

I think I AGREE with that POST. 

• Thanks 1

If we win tonight, last week's game will take the shine off it.

I was counting those three points at 2-0 up with ten minutes to go. As far as I'm concerned, we're -3 points going into this game. 

A win last week, and this week we would be going into 4th with a win... as it is, a win tonight, and we're going into 9th

:(

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Seems out of favour with Smith now, although given this site he was out of favour for many fans long ago

He is still our player, he is on the bench and we are paying him about 40k a week. We need to do what is right for AVFC