Pre match thread

roonst83

I think if we can effectively press them we will win this one. But we have to defend well too. Auba, Saka (potentially injured), Pepe, etc. are all capable of taking chances if presented. 
I’m on the fence about the 5 or 4 at the back. I think Targett and especially Cash are more suited to wing back roles as they get more help defensively from the left/  right sides centre backs. I think if Bailey and Traore were fit I’d play them either side of Watkins in a 4-3-3 but neither will start so I think I we will stick with the 5-3-2 we’ve been playing. I also think this system helps McGinn get further forward which is a huge plus. 
Anyway good to get this out of the way on Friday night so I can either enjoy or sulk for the whole long (in Ireland) weekend. 

• Like 1

If we can play with same pressing intensity we managed against Chelsea and United they will struggle. They are a team that try to play like City but just don’t have the players to do it, hence get caught on the ball a lot. Also Ramsdale isn’t the best of keepers either.  I think we’ll win. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we can play with same pressing intensity we managed against Chelsea and United they will struggle. They are a team that try to play like City but just don’t have the players to do it, hence get caught on the ball a lot. Also Ramsdale isn’t the best of keepers either.  I think we’ll win. 

Would be hilarious if we won.

Smith has beaten Arteta 3 times already.

Oh and if we won the away fans should come up with some sort of a Emile Smith Rowe chant to wind them up some more!

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would be hilarious if we won.

Smith has beaten Arteta 3 times already.

Oh and if we won the away fans should come up with some sort of a Emile Smith Rowe chant to wind them up some more!

By biggest concern is the timing of the game. Friday night is when fans are pissed up and the crowd really make a lot of noise and gets behind the team. It can really help the home team. 

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s got to be written in the stars that Smith-Rowe scores against us and does some over the top Villa fan shushing and Arsenal badge kissing routine.

Or a Wes Hoolahan style refusal to celebrate

On 19/10/2021 at 12:17, Kingman said:

We have a few days rest and preparation on them so hopefully we make it count 

This, and Saka supposedly injured, means we will lose.

And supposedly- injured Saka will score.