Pre match thread

roonst83

With everything that's happened between the club's over the past 18 months, you can bet your bottom dollar that this is there game of the season so far, they'll want to thrash us badly and if Deano is smart he can set them up for it and counter them into desperation and hopefully madness will set in, hope they bottle it and we destroy them. Southern fairy scum strictly come wankerss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Point here and a clean sheet would be great, not getting beat here is really needed. If we play great and lose then fair enough but if we don't turn up and get turned over then it'll get harder to dig ourselves out of the hole...

• Like 2

A bit doom and gloom about this one, got a bad feeling about it. We are a bit of a charity case and our confidence isn’t the best at the moment and nor is mine, they aren’t great but let’s be honest, it’s Villa so I think we will help spur their season on imo and I’m very worried about an absolute thrashing here. Has a feel about it like the ‘15 fa cup final training game we had. Really hope I’m very very very much wrong on this and would happily eat humble pie. Nothing would make me more happy than Watkins putting his big boy pants on and finally connecting with Ings to smash them but I can’t deny it feels like this one could be a mauling against us. 

Edited by Ingram85

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Honestly I'd be quite pleased with that after last week's defensive meltdown.

Oh yeah, I would be happy with a point. I just think one thing (not on VT) I read was expecting a goal fest but I doubt that’ll be the case

39 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we can win this, even more so if Bailey van be involved somewhere.

I think 2-0 Villa.

We play well at the Emirates Stadium.

Something in the theory about covid bans benefitting away teams due to lack of home support, seemed especially true for us.

Covid-ban Emirates is pretty much the same atmosphere as post-ban Emirates, so makes sense why we do ok.

• Haha 1

can't see us winning 4 games in a row at arsenal, and whilst i'd expect a reaction after the despicable defeat last time out, I'll be too anxious to watch this one tonight. Just hope we don't shit the bed

28 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Arsenal will win, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a unmistakably emphatic victory. The terrible outcome already feels palpable.

They really are quite average now. I don’t think they could emphatically beat us unless we are utterly awful. I suspect a tight game probably settled by a single goal. Hopefully in our favour.
One thing is certain. Lose our next two and Dean will be under massive pressure. I suspect he will be very cautious with this in mind and we won’t be anywhere near as charitable as we have been so far this season.

I think a 4-3-3 with the normal first choice back 5, Dougie and SJM with either Ramsey or Sanson in midfield.  I would play Buendia on the RW, Watkins centrally and Bailey, if fit to start, on the left, but I think he will maybe play a diamond with Ings and Watkins as strikers and Buendia behind as a 10 - which could also shift to a 4-3-3 if Watkins goes out left and Buendia moves right - with Bailey and Bertie coming off the bench on 60.

I am confident that we can beat these lot, especially if Leon starts. 🤞

Edited by barry'sboots

3 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Roll up roll up, get your prerequisites in early Villalad21, Villalad21 to list the things Dean needs to do in this one match, so if he doesn't Villalad21 can all beat him over the head with the list of things Villalad21 said he should have done.

Fixed this right up for ya. 

• Haha 1