The_Steve

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Does it matter if you're still ticking along and sitting 8th? Booing just blows my mind. I thought we were starting to get a little too entitled this season. These guys haven't finished higher than 15th since they've been back up 4 years ago.

I don’t think people think like that, by and large. I think they’re more likely to think “Ah I’ve just spent another £30+ to watch us not win a match.”

And much like we see on here when posters complain about dropped points against weaker opposition relatively early into the season, I reckon a few Brighton supporters will be of a similar mindset. Like this season could be their best league placing ever and dropped points to another relegation threatened team could scupper it.

Just to clear, I’m not particularly of the opinion they should be jeering at the full time whistle. I’m just not surprised it happened. People acclimatise to their club’s current circumstances quite quickly, I feel.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think people think like that, by and large. I think they’re more likely to think “Ah I’ve just spent another £30+ to watch us not win a match.”

And much like we see on here when posters complain about dropped points against weaker opposition relatively early into the season, I reckon a few Brighton supporters will be of a similar mindset. Like this season could be their best league placing ever and dropped points to another relegation threatened team could scupper it.

Just to clear, I’m not particularly of the opinion they should be jeering at the full time whistle. I’m just not surprised it happened. People acclimatise to their club’s current circumstances quite quickly, I feel.

Perfect way to put it. I thought we were pretty quick since we've hovering between 15th in the PL to 13th in the Championship for 10 years. 

They have never finished higher than 13th in the top flight in their history (which happened the season we won the European Cup). In fact, this is only their 9th season ever in the top flight, 5 of those coming since they beat us to promotion 5 seasons ago.

I understand the feeling of being let down for the money you paid, but it should probably be tempered with the knowledge of the product you're paying for. I'm guessing PL tickets are expensive as hell though and not much variance between the teams that win every week and the ones who don't.

• Like 1

That's football. No matter what a manager achieves no matter how far you come. You start to stagnate or have a few bad months people will boo people will stop going. That's just human nature. People want to see progress again and again and again. Unfortunately everyone has a ceiling and when you reach it fans will turn off.

So all the talk about 60k stadium at VP is a bit silly for me. We will soon reach a peak and it won't be CL football..

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Shocking form. 

There is no defending it. 

The people claiming he was only the flavor of the month are being proven right. 

Bielsa, Potter and Wilder. Who can you big up next as a wonder manager 

Twelve winless matches in a row. 

Eleven in the league, one in the cup.

Man Utd next. Sticking my neck out to say that will take it to 13 matches. Then Brentford. If they don’t win that one it’s Chelsea to round out the year.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Twelve winless matches in a row. 

Eleven in the league, one in the cup.

Man Utd next. Sticking my neck out to say that will take it to 13 matches. Then Brentford. If they don’t win that one it’s Chelsea to round out the year.

Yeah their form is abysmal. Good.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah their form is abysmal. Good.

Somehow over those 11 games, they are just the fourth worst team for form.

Brighton 8 points -6 GD

Newcastle 8 points -10 GD

Everton 8 points -11 GD

Watford 7 points -8 GD

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Somehow over those 11 games, they are just the fourth worst team for form.

Brighton 8 points -6 GD

Newcastle 8 points -10 GD

Everton 8 points -11 GD

Watford 7 points -8 GD

Oof Everton. Knew they've been awful but even worse than Brighton? Ouch

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Having a go at the fans a few weeks ago was bad. O'Leary like without having done anything. I think a lot of the fans a bit sick of hin

It will be interesting to see if he falls into the Brucey trap of “that will shut up a few up” when they do win a game.

Personally I’m all for managers having a dig back now and then, but it’s a risky move if they beat Brentford only to then get battered by Chelsea in the next game.

If we stay on our current trajectory then we will finish in a decent position. Brighton may struggle and be nearer the bottom as they are finding it difficult to win games. Bissouma will be worth a look at if we can get him here. I'm sure he will have other offers but getting a top 8 finish perhaps will and a good salary plus the opportunity to work under gerrard could be a good move for him. 25 years old so a decent age. probably one of the more outside chance transfers

17 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If we stay on our current trajectory then we will finish in a decent position. Brighton may struggle and be nearer the bottom as they are finding it difficult to win games. Bissouma will be worth a look at if we can get him here. I'm sure he will have other offers but getting a top 8 finish perhaps will and a good salary plus the opportunity to work under gerrard could be a good move for him. 25 years old so a decent age. probably one of the more outside chance transfers

Allegedly, Bissouma has off field issues involving the police and sexual assault allegations. Just to confirm he has not be charged with anything, but he was bailed pending investigation.

Should he be charged, our club doesn't want any part of that. Purslow said character is a massive part of our hiring process and it may alienate some of our fanbase.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Allegedly, Bissouma has off field issues involving the police and sexual assault allegations. Just to confirm he has not be charged with anything, but he was bailed pending investigation.

Should he be charged, our club doesn't want any part of that. Purslow said character is a massive part of our hiring process and it may alienate some of our fanbase.

interesting, not heard anything about that.

Â