The_Steve

38 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They bought Maupay for 20m and are probably paying Danny Welbeck 60k/week, it's not like they're still rocking Glenn Murray up front or their version of Keinan Davis. If they're not good enough then that's on Brighton and Potter for signing them.

Glenn Murray of about 5/6 years ago probably is the type of player they need

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The money is not the point though, we paid 22m for Wes and he has scored, I think, 5 goals for us. If they don't have the quality playing up front they are not going to score goals.  

It makes it sound like they're just some poor team who are just a good striker away from it all coming together. If that were the case they would have signed that striker already as they have the money. We made a mistake on Wesley and we rectified that very quickly. This is the third season now that they're relying on Neal Maupay...that's their choice.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It makes it sound like they're just some poor team who are just a good striker away from it all coming together. If that were the case they would have signed that striker already as they have the money. We made a mistake on Wesley and we rectified that very quickly. This is the third season now that they're relying on Neal Maupay...that's their choice.

They have Locadia on their books still too, £15m and he failed in the MLS on his last loan.

On 23/11/2021 at 02:06, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Bit of Matty Cash about him

Actually felt a bit bad for him seeing his little heart sink when the Watkins goal went in.  Lord knows how many times I’ve been there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

probably but unless you are winning trophies its hard to have a go at the fans and survive

Brighton have never won trophies or finished in the top 10. They are massively over achieving at present. 

To be fair, most Brighton fans online seem to agree with him, which is good to see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brighton have never won trophies or finished in the top 10. They are massively over achieving at present. 

To be fair, most Brighton fans online seem to agree with him, which is good to see. 

I dont disagree, I think its crazy to be booed off. I dont know what Brighton fans are expecting. Staying up is a great achievement for them

• Like 1

Booed off drawing 0-0 with 20 shots and 57% possession vs a team that finished 18 points above them last season 

Don't even know they're born

Its not like they've been smashing everyone for years or do anything of any kind of merit where that then becomes a terrible result 

• Like 2

It’s just frustrations of not having won in a while, rather than failing to win against Leeds in particular.

If they had won against Norwich or Newcastle, or beaten their rivals Palace the booing would have been severely reduced.

They’ve had Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool recently so not easy an easy run, but 9 without a win (including the cup) is going to test the patience of a few.

13 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s just frustrations of not having won in a while, rather than failing to win against Leeds in particular.

If they had won against Norwich or Newcastle, or beaten their rivals Palace the booing would have been severely reduced.

They’ve had Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool recently so not easy an easy run, but 9 without a win (including the cup) is going to test the patience of a few.

Does it matter if you're still ticking along and sitting 8th? Booing just blows my mind. I thought we were starting to get a little too entitled this season. These guys haven't finished higher than 15th since they've been back up 4 years ago.

Â