The_Steve

If we were to offer Potter the job then if he's got any sense he'd take it, as he might not get many more chances at having a go at managing a club of our size and potential, all it takes is a bad run of form and suddenly he won't be flavor of the month anymore.

Not sure why people want him anyway, he's barely scraped past forty points in his two seasons with Brighton, and they went on what must have been one of the worst runs of home form in their history with him as manager, other than a good start to this season, and media hype I'm really not sure what he has to offer, frankly if we was to give him the job whilst I'd hope for things to go well, I'd be more worried about relegation than I am now.

Think about this, we've lost four games in a row, that must be our worst run of form in a long time, and yet Brighton are still only six points ahead of us, that's just two wins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

If we were to offer Potter the job then if he's got any sense he'd take it, as he might not get many more chances at having a go at managing a club of our size and potential, all it takes is a bad run of form and suddenly he won't be flavor of the month anymore.

Not sure why people want him anyway, he's barely scraped past forty points in his two seasons with Brighton, and they went on what must have been one of the worst runs of home form in their history with him as manager, other than a good start to this season, and media hype I'm really not sure what he has to offer, frankly if we was to give him the job whilst I'd hope for things to go well, I'd be more worried about relegation than I am now.

Think about this, we've lost four games in a row, that must be our worst run of form in a long time, and yet Brighton are still only six points ahead of us, that's just two wins.

I think if we hired Potter now we will go down, decent manager but the hype is crazy. Would swear he is Mourinho junior

I think if you watch them they have a plan for each team they play and create loads of chances.  Their issue is Maupay and Wellbeck are their forwards.  If they had Ings and Watkins they would score loads.

I can see why there is a lot if fuss he is young and has an ideology.  Better option than Terry/Gerrard/Lampard.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

No wins in the last eight games for them now, their first four or five results should prevent them from ending up in a relegation battle, but looks like they're back to being the Brighton of last season. Would have been very frustrated if we hadn't have won today, because of the overall situation and because these are the kind of games we need to be winning especially at home.

• Like 2

Strange bunch of fans. Probably the quietest dullest bunch I've ever seen yet given it large about atmosphere in the stands on the odd occasion they pipe up. What a boring lot.

I think I saw Burton in the Championship bring a taxi full of fans and make more noise.

We dodged a bullet if we were ever in for Potter. We like dynamic football at VP. This is anti-dynamic football. The eqivalent of rectal diazepam. There is no way we would have put up with that boring crap. I would fall asleep by 30 mins in

Must be so frustrating to support them, they dominated the game yesterday but other than those couple of chances at the end of the first half (which were mostly caused by Villa errors) they never looked like scoring. It's not a case of lacking a goalscorer IMO, they just didn't have many ideas when they got near our box 

1 minute ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Must be so frustrating to support them, they dominated the game yesterday but other than those couple of chances at the end of the first half (which were mostly caused by Villa errors) they never looked like scoring. It's not a case of lacking a goalscorer IMO, they just didn't have many ideas when they got near our box 

Keeping the ball is easy, even Lambert had Villa looking like Barcelona in our own half. Tough part is making chances. In the main they’ve been good at that too but their in a bad run of form and I thought they were very poor yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Keeping the ball is easy, even Lambert had Villa looking like Barcelona in our own half. Tough part is making chances. In the main they’ve been good at that too but their in a bad run of form and I thought they were very poor yesterday. 

To be fair our gameplan was spot on let them have the ball in wide areas to cross to no one.  When they did bring on Maupay he is tiny so should be easy to deal with.

I like Potter but he played into our hands yesterday.   They look good against teams that allow space between the lines and attack them.

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

To be fair our gameplan was spot on let them have the ball in wide areas to cross to no one.  When they did bring on Maupay he is tiny so should be easy to deal with.

I like Potter but he played into our hands yesterday.   They look good against teams that allow space between the lines and attack them.

I think the attacking players are really poor. Maupay, Connolly, Trossard offer nothing. Welbeck and Lallana probably 2 best attackers but impossible to get them fit

I think Potter maybe suffers a little bit from the Wenger thing of really fancying slight, technical attacking midfielders, and then when it works it looks great, but if it doesn't it's all nice touches near the centre circle and no penetration. Yesterday they started with Gross, Moder, Lallana and Trossard, who seem to me to be 4 versions of basically the same player. They also brought on Mac Allister, another similar one to that type.

I don't really understand the deal with Maupay. If he's good enough, why doesn't he get more game time, when he clearly offers something different? And if he isn't good enough, rather than trying to play with two false nines, wouldn't they be better off with a forward who they do actually rate?

• Like 2

Â