Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

This is a team we are aspiring to finish above. That’s what disappoints me so much about today - it just confirms we’re probably not ready to mount a challenge for the top 8. 

Thing is, regardless of the performance.

this is the kind of game where a Leon Bailey could create chances out of nothing.

Still need to see us in full flow, but yes, more is needed.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

This is a team we are aspiring to finish above. That’s what disappoints me so much about today - it just confirms we’re probably not ready to mount a challenge for the top 8. 

Meh. Maybe on another day it'd be a different result, particularly if Bailey was available.

I don't think we picked the right formation today personally, but it's worked well in previous games so I understand why Dean went with it.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Give it a rest.  We've played badly away from home against a good side and are losing by 1 goal.  How that confirms we're unable to push for top 8 is beyond me.

• Like 4

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, regardless of the performance.

this is the kind of game where a Leon Bailey could create chances out of nothing.

Still need to see us in full flow, but yes, more is needed.

Jesus... I think we need to temper expectations of Leon Bailey. 

He's not going to be able to fix absolutely everything

Just now, bobzy said:

Give it a rest.  We've played badly away from home against a good side and are losing by 1 goal.  How that confirms we're unable to push for top 8 is beyond me.

Same

Spurs are an established top 8 team yet are not that much better than us on this showing 

• Like 1