Pre Match Thread

maqroll

It's going to be a tough game but we have enough weapons to win. They're playing 4 3 3 these days although they have played a diamond in midfield too.

Nuno likes to control the middle so that will the battle. Nullify Kane and you win the game.

Team:

Same as yesterday

Depending on how the game is going I'd be tempted to take Ramsey off and get Watkins to drop a bit deeper, then have Traore as a false 9. Ramsey is doing OK but isn't much more than that at the moment, while Bertrand has some silky skills desperate to be unleashed.

• Like 1

Emi

Cash       Konsa    Hause    Mings         Young

Buendía          Luiz       McGinn      Traore/AEG

Watkins

* Traore or AEG to replace Buendía and Ings to replace Watkins with about 20 to to go.

Bit early for this but what the hell, I’m looking forward to the next game already. Simple selection this time in that I wouldn’t change a winning side. Hause deserves to keep his place, so Axel will have to settle for a place on the bench for me.

Looking ahead to Spurs away, Kane, Son, Gil will give us a test and it would be good if they have a bad result against Arsenal, with a sending off for good measure. Spurs are not a Chelsea or a United even, so we should have plenty of the ball and cause them plenty of problems. Think we can do well in this one and a positive result may make the media stand up and take notice of us.  Going to say 3-1 win:

Martinez 

Konsa     Mings     Hause     

Cash                      Luiz                   Targett 

Ramsey         McGinn

Ings              Watkins 

Subs:  Steer, Tuanzebe, Young, Nakamba, Chukwuemeka, Buendia, El Ghazi, Traore, Archer

Finally, just love how impressive our bench is this season. Real options that can change a game and this without having Bailey, Sanson, Davis, Trez etc

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, messi11 said:

Spurs like to concede set pieces
Villa like to score set pieces

hmmm 5-0 Villa I am going for 

Update: Just watching spurs against Arsenal

I'd like to change my score to 8-0 Villa

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The only trepidation I'd have about this game is that Nuno will learn from this crazily stodgy and unbalanced team that he's picked today and won't make that mistake again, so at least on paper they won't be as soft a touch.

Regardless though, whatever side they pick I think they're an unimpressive team this season and can't see the Nuno appointment working out. We've nothing to fear against them and if we turn up with the same performance levels as yesterday then there's no reason not to be confident.

• Like 1

Even if we can get a draw, 4 points from Man U and Spurs would be incredible (or "lucky' if you're that oxygen thief Danny Murphy). 

After today I'm buzzing for this game already although its very doubtful Spurs will be poor again. 

Going to love the team Nuno puts out here. 5 at the back, 3 holding midfielders and them just booting the ball up to Kane and Son would be my bet.

I fancy us to win this 1-3.

Would be fine with a draw though. Would be a very good run up to next international break.