Pre Match Thread

maqroll

15 hours ago, Adman said:

I literally can see no way of us not beating them comfortably.  I am getting carried away, but on paper their running stats are awful, ours are great, their set piece defending is awful, our set pieces are great, we're in great form, they are not.

One day I will learn this means that we will lose, but that day is not today - 0-3 UTV

And I hope it's not Sunday either.

Spurs are definitely there for the taking.   They've got a European fixture tomorrow which means they'll have played twice since our trip to Old Trafford.   Our strengths seem to counter their weaknesses too and with 8 days to focus on the game I dare say we might be able to just run through their midfield.    But they've still got really good players, Harry Kane is due a goal and it would be bloody typical if he decides to find his form again on Sunday.   Still fancy us to win, but I'd not be too disappointed with a point. 

• Like 1

that spurs forum someone mentioned above is very eye opening. Didnt realise it was quite so gloomy there. They want Nuno and most of the players gone and half of them reckon they should drop Kane for this game. After watching the champs league last night it is crazy to see how the trajectories of Pochetino and Spurs has gone since they parted ways.

From what I was reading an early goal could create a very toxic atmosphere. We should totally do that!

I would go with the same formation and line up as at old trafford. Maybe Emi in for JJ depending on how much of his injury was knee and how much of it was pride

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think Ndombele, Royal would give Cash a run for his money, Hojbjerg would probably get into our 1st 11. I would love Skipp at Villa, he is a good prospect, still only 20. But I think that both Kane & Son are elite players it pushes them that bit higher than we are and into top 6. But it is a good point you are making, they are not miles ahead of us

We witnessed at OT good teams well organised can trump a team full of stars...if they don't get their act together.

The problem comes, when a team full of stars is well organised , movitvated and up for it.

• Like 1

I think Spurs attack will be more organised than Man U's (They really pushed Arsenal in the 2nd half, Spurs really got their act together) , but I also think that we will have an easier time breaking them down.

Great game for a neutral!

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

that spurs forum someone mentioned above is very eye opening. Didnt realise it was quite so gloomy there. They want Nuno and most of the players gone and half of them reckon they should drop Kane for this game. After watching the champs league last night it is crazy to see how the trajectories of Pochetino and Spurs has gone since they parted ways.

Football fans can be fickle at the best of times but the match thread over on the fighting cock is something else.

Apparently their whole team is now rubbish and Nuno needs to be sacked already and they aren't even 10 games into his tenure are they? All this because they lost 2 games 3-0.

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Football fans can be fickle at the best of times but the match thread over on the fighting cock is something else.

Apparently their whole team is now rubbish and Nuno needs to be sacked already and they aren't even 10 games into his tenure are they? All this because they lost 2 games 3-0.

Had a read of the thread, they seem a bit negative 😆.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

We witnessed at OT good teams well organised can trump a team full of stars...if they don't get their act together.

The problem comes, when a team full of stars is well organised , movitvated and up for it.

You mean like Aston Villa? They are my stars

Edited by Follyfoot

Martinez

Konsa Mings Hause

Cash McGinn Luiz Targett

Ramsey

WatkIngs

Wouldn't overly surprise me to see Axel back in for his speed Vs Son/Bergwijn. Buendia in for Ramsey if he was actually injured and not just embarrassed at his miss.

Suppose the other option would be do you move back to 4-3-3 as with Moura, Son, Bergwijn there is some fast wide players at Spurs and maybe you'd give the Fullbacks more protection*. But I think we would be silly to change what's working when we have Bailey injured, Traore and Bidace not fully match fit, AEG out of form and Buendia not quite at the races just yet.

Probably better off making that change for Wolves and Arsenal when we've had 2 weeks off to get everyone ready and hopefully Bailey back in the mix.

*I know we did well Vs United but Ronaldo wasn't wide and Pogba isn't really a winger. They had Greenwood but didn't try and test Sancho or Martial later on and had no Rashford. Feel like Son, Moura, Bergwijn is a very different set up

Edited by HalfTimePost

The Athletic is in full on "club in crisis" mode over Tottenham. Article after article over how poor the Nuno appointment was and the lack of effort by the players. Really want to win this so we can see what happens next. 

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Martinez

Konsa Mings Hause

Cash McGinn Luiz Targett

Ramsey

WatkIngs

Wouldn't overly surprise me to see Axel back in for his speed Vs Son/Bergwijn. Buendia in for Ramsey if he was actually injured and not just embarrassed at his miss.

Suppose the other option would be do you move back to 4-3-3 as with Moura, Son, Bergwijn there is some fast wide players at Spurs and maybe you'd give the Fullbacks more protection*. But I think we would be silly to change what's working when we have Bailey injured, Traore and Bidace not fully match fit, AEG out of form and Buendia not quite at the races just yet.

Probably better off making that change for Wolves and Arsenal when we've had 2 weeks off to get everyone ready and hopefully Bailey back in the mix.

*I know we did well Vs United but Ronaldo wasn't wide and Pogba isn't really a winger. They had Greenwood but didn't try and test Sancho or Martial later on and had no Rashford. Feel like Son, Moura, Bergwijn is a very different set up

I know we fancy ourselves but I’d rather we play with 11 men.  

Edited by claretman
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, claretman said:

I know we fancy ourselves but I’d rather we play with 11 men.  

"WatkIngs" - HalfTimePost's post changes at half time.

• Like 1

I shall be at this game but sat in the home section rather than away.

Still, it's a good omen as the last time I was in the home section for this same fixture was back in September 2008 at White Fart Lane. We won 2-1 but if memory serves me correctly we should have scored a hatful. 

More of the same on Sunday please.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The fact that all signals point to a win is what worries me most about this game.

TBH I can't believe we are 11/4 and they are 11/10. 

I shall be cock and bolloock, balls deep! :D