Pre Match Thread

maqroll

On 27/09/2021 at 23:32, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Based on current form, we should win this.

Let's hope we click and finish our chances.

yeah but history tells us, a team in bad form starts their turn around versus us......

fingers crossed though.

for me:

Martinez

Konsa - Tuanzebe - Mings

Cash - McGinn - Luiz -- Targett

Buendia

Watkins - Ings

I know it would be harsh on Hause, but Spurs have some speed demons, and Tuanzebe is fast as f***, if it wasnt for that i would stick with Hause.

• Like 1

In terms of times to play against teams it does not get better than this. 

They have been rank, and they have weak european opposition before playing us. They either play a strong side and win, which mean they will be less well rested for us and not ready for our ability after playing a cack side, or they put out a weak team and lose/scrape a result which means their confidence will be even further down the crapper. 

If we play as I know we can we can thrape this Spurs side. Skill wise they are decent, but Nuno is having to do a lot of 'attitude adjustment' this season, and I don't think they are anywhere near the races yet. 

All this probably means we'll get walloped. I've been watching Villa for too long 😔 

They havent scored more than once in the league yet this season. We are starting to look good defensively with back to back clean sheets. We just handed Everton and Utd their first league defeats of the season. Its quite scary to think the likes of Watkins & Ings havent clicked yet, Bailey is out, Buendia is on the bench, Targett has looked nothing like he did last season, etc. We’re playing well but still look like we have gears to go up. Its very exciting at Villa now.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Against a team that would struggle to finish mid table in league 2

Still, be better if he'd drawn another blank and fractured a metatarsal

• Haha 1