Energy Bills

Genie

On 06/08/2022 at 11:33, Ingram85 said:

They also don’t have dumb dumbs who haven’t got a clue how to lay and surface roads building their roads using the cheapest materials known to man as the local council went for the lowest bidder to line their own corrupt pockets. 

Competitive tendering. Thatchers fault

15 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

£4,200 is the prediction for the January cap, just announced. People really are going to stop paying, then what? 

Wow, £350 per month is going to cripple a lot of people. 

As I said before, the price cap needs to be set at something deemed affordable for the majority and then government help for those people and businesses that require it. 

This current method is **** up.

• Like 1

Give me a shout when it’s time to go and set fire to parliament and then go and lynch the bosses of these energy companies.

We need a good rioting. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

We were offered a fix in June. I looked at the advice then and I think it was consider a fix if it's less than 45/50% increase. I think ours was a 35-40%increase so took it. The advice now is anything less than a 95% increase! 😮 taking into account further rises. That is crazy!

Not sure what is regarded as "typical", but I imagine our energy bills run higher than typical (will check properly when home).  Possibly looking at £420/month in Jan, on top of £1.4k/month mortgage and average £1k/month nursery costs.

That's pretty much £3k out the door before food.  Nice :D 

• Shocked 1

It’s going to be ‘interesting’.

£400 a month just isn’t a figure many people are going to have spare. There will be people already topping up their day to day spending with credit cards.

Fascinating in an utterly grim way, to see this unfold in a country with no functioning government.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

£400 a month just isn’t a figure many people are going to have spare. There will be people already topping up their day to day spending with credit cards.

Fascinating in an utterly grim way, to see this unfold in a country with no functioning government.

It's going to be closer to 550 per month next year, based on the current live market. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Not sure what is regarded as "typical", but I imagine our energy bills run higher than typical (will check properly when home).  Possibly looking at £420/month in Jan, on top of £1.4k/month mortgage and average £1k/month nursery costs.

That's pretty much £3k out the door before food.  Nice :D 

Nursery costs are disgusting, dont miss that one but. You actually resent the people because of the cost which is unfair.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

It's effectively a double payment of the mortagage. I won't be able to do that.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet alot of people are having second thoughts about having kids with all these **** costs 

My son has not been watching the news then, as he's gonna be a dad after Christmas 😳

• Like 3

Â