Energy Bills

Genie

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Iv'e got a huge conifer recently cut down, heard you couldn't burn that either, because it's smokey.

There's nothing to stop you, it's wet wood though which you can no longer buy. They only stopped the sale of it, You'd be better off seasoning it by chopping it up and storing it for a while in a dry place to dry it out

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Iv'e got a huge conifer recently cut down, heard you couldn't burn that either, because it's smokey.

Need to keep it fora set period of time to dry out.  Not sure how long that is. 

Diesel in the garages by work has come down to 189.9 at Tesco. 187.8 at Asda and 193.9 at an EG Shell

Out by us it's still 199.9 at the three garages and 197.9 at Tesco. Yes I'm getting fuel near work

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Diesel in the garages by work has come down to 189.9 at Tesco. 187.8 at Asda and 193.9 at an EG Shell

Out by us it's still 199.9 at the three garages and 197.9 at Tesco. Yes I'm getting fuel near work

Asda said they are dropping a extra 3p off diesel and 5p off petrol, to help with cost of living, the rest look pretty standard, although the EG brothers are just ripping us off, still seeing it at £1.98 including Cannock, wasn't a great takeover for the consumer that.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Asda said they are dropping a extra 3p off diesel and 5p off petrol, to help with cost of living, the rest look pretty standard, although the EG brothers are just ripping us off, still seeing it at £1.98 including Cannock, wasn't a great takeover for the consumer that.

ASDA Petrol and EG aren't the same company, I thought they were too a while back but EG pulled out of the deal to buy the Petrol Stations.

Just now, bickster said:

ASDA Petrol and EG aren't the same company, I thought they were too a while back but EG pulled out of the deal to buy the Petrol Stations.

Yes I know, they wanted to buy Asda, but it fell through, they knew it wasn't going to be a good move for the consumer. EG own mostly Shell and Esso I think, the most expensive. You can bet they are getting it at the cheapest wholesale price too. The supermarkets are back to competing a little, which is good for us.

Went to Tesco this morning and unleaded was 183, drive past just now and it was down to 174 - would’ve been annoyed if I’d topped up this morning. Closest station to my house (an independent) has dropped 2p since this morning too (to 176).

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Went to Tesco this morning and unleaded was 183, drive past just now and it was down to 174 - would’ve been annoyed if I’d topped up this morning. Closest station to my house (an independent) has dropped 2p since this morning too (to 176).

Where?

And bugger, I put £20 in the Tesco in Litherland this morning 190.9

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Yep, we’ve just driven down to the south of France and have paid the equivalent of £1.45 for petrol. 

Guess we're charging more tax on ours to pay for the roads.........When you compare France to us it begs the question on whats going on , similar sized economies yet every part of their infrastructure seems to be an improvement on ours, especially the roads. 

Would love to see a Michael Moore type documentary comparing both countries, public services, tax revenues and infrastructure, just to see where they are cutting the corners or why are we getting less value for our taxes.  

• Like 1

Â