Energy Bills

Genie

Just now, bickster said:

If yours is really old, it might not have a condenser. Does it have a vent fixed to an external wall? If it does, it's unlikely to have to condenser filter, fairly sure our one from years ago didn't have the second filter

It's a Miele T220, with a pipe that I vent to the garage side door. Must be 15 years old, and it's not a condensing dryer - the one before it was (in a washer/dryer machine, and it was crap.) 

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's a Miele T220, with a pipe that I vent to the garage side door. Must be 15 years old, and it's not a condensing dryer - the one before it was (in a washer/dryer machine, and it was crap.) 

The washer/ dryer combo ones were always rubbish

But if purchasing a new one, heat pump is definitely the way to go now. More expensive to buy, takes a bit longer to dry clothes but much cheaper to run.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I've really enjoyed the last 2 pages of tumble dryer mechanics 😀

Not even one for the boring thread.

Same! I quite enjoy being educated as i had no idea about some of this stuff

Finally had an update from BG and the app is now up to date as well. Was paying £110pm with OVO, moved house at wrong time so couldn’t transfer old account over so had to go with BG at £129pm, with the update today it’s now gone up to £193pm 😪. I hate this country. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Finally had an update from BG and the app is now up to date as well. Was paying £110pm with OVO, moved house at wrong time so couldn’t transfer old account over so had to go with BG at £129m, with the update today it’s gone to £193 a month 😪. I hate this country. 

Jesus, I knew utility bills were getting out of hand but that's some serious wonga. 

At those rates people are going to have to choose between heating their homes or buying a private jet. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Finally had an update from BG and the app is now up to date as well. Was paying £110pm with OVO, moved house at wrong time so couldn’t transfer old account over so had to go with BG at £129pm, with the update today it’s now gone up to £193pm 😪. I hate this country. 

Its absolutely horrific and they telling us another increase in october. How the hell are people going to stay warm with montly payments like this?

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its absolutely horrific and they telling us another increase in october. How the hell are people going to stay warm with montly payments like this?

We can all put aside the £3 per tank we are saving on fuel duty, so in October we can afford to fill a hot water bottle.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We can all put aside the £3 per tank we are saving on fuel duty, so in October we can afford to fill a hot water bottle.

I find you under representing the real saving of £3.60 per full tank rather a sad indication of your complete bias against the marvelous Tory Party of our glorious leader Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. How very dare you not include the extra penny per litre in VAT that isn't now applicable. It just shows how far you pinko left vermin are prepared to go to play politics

That extra 60p per tank would go a long way if you just factored it in and it would prove that everyone is much better off than you are choosing to depict. It's just a typical tactic of the woke left and proves why Labour shouldn't be in charge of the economy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. 

Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Terry Pratchett with the wise words as ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Do you do swapsies? I'd happily swap my bill for yours. Guess it's too late to install the solar panels, heat pump, mini nuclear reactor, tokamak in the back garden now. 

Soon its going to be cheaper to run an extension lead direct to the sun than pay for it from one of the energy providers.

Lots of action at petrol stations near me today. Talk of running some places out of diesel due to the protests at Kingsbury refinery stopping deliveries.

It wasn’t a great day to be 2 days into the fuel light on my car.

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Lots of action at petrol stations near me today. Talk of running some places out of diesel due to the protests at Kingsbury refinery stopping deliveries.

It wasn’t a great day to be 2 days into the fuel light on my car.

I had 30miles left last night. 

Went to Tesco at Blythe Valley Wednesday night - no diesel. 

Went again Thursday afternoon - queue was so long I'd have been late for work. Tried Thursday night - **** closed!! Not before I'd noticed they'd put it UP two pence per litre from last week. words removed. 

Had to drive to another contract in Solihull so went to the station there. Accidentally put the expensive diesel in, two **** quid a litre. Twenty quids worth will probably last two days at best. 

If I see one of those lice riddled protesters (and I don't live far from where it's all going on) I'm going to kick the snot out of them. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I had 30miles left last night. 

Went to Tesco at Blythe Valley Wednesday night - no diesel. 

Went again Thursday afternoon - queue was so long I'd have been late for work. Tried Thursday night - **** closed!! Not before I'd noticed they'd put it UP two pence per litre from last week. words removed. 

Had to drive to another contract in Solihull so went to the station there. Accidentally put the expensive diesel in, two **** quid a litre. Twenty quids worth will probably last two days at best. 

If I see one of those lice riddled protesters (and I don't live far from where it's all going on) I'm going to kick the snot out of them. 

I went to ASDA at Ventura Park, I think it’s the cheapest around at 170.7p. It was quite busy when I arrived but then seemed to be rammed as I was finished, queueing up off the forecourt. 
There was a fuel tanker in the queue so hopefully no chance of them running out soon (unless he was filling up 😂).

I filled it up so I’m sorted for a couple of away football matches this weekend and then to Birmingham airport on Monday (if they manage to have enough staff to get the flights on). £85 for the tank, ouch.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to ASDA at Ventura Park

You are obviously insane, that place is a **** nightmare even to just drive past. 

Just now, rjw63 said:

You are obviously insane, that place is a **** nightmare even to just drive past. 

At the weekend yes, I don’t go anywhere near. If I need anything I always go midweek when it’s surprisingly civilised. 

Â