Energy Bills

Genie

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

But the 80% non-VAT part of the bill is also higher which has to be spent. Also, if it’s uncapped then it’s much higher. 

I guess more VAT from private businesses covers extra energy cost of government but would be interesting to see how it aligns.

I actually only completed half a thought, that the government would be raking in more on VAT from uncapped business rates, and didn't think one step ahead to them also paying out the uncapped rate. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lots of rich people will work, otherwise, how do you get super rich? 

Marry a woman worth £430m?

He'll go back into a bank where he'll attend half a dozen meetings a year, connect a few people, help them get their lobbyist into a group writing banking legislation for government and take an eight figure annual bonus.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Higher price, higher VAT content of the bill

Absolutely impossible to remove that VAT /s

On commercial utility invoices, VAT drops to 5% after a threshold of kWh.

Interestingly, if say and NHS Trust employs a management company to look after utility, say a TPI like Inenco or an FM company like CBRE or Schneider Electric, this makes utility classed as a managed service, and so is VAT deductible. 

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

On commercial utility invoices, VAT drops to 5% after a threshold of kWh.

If it doesn't go negative after the threshold is reached then the higher the price the higher the VAT still holds true

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The REASON the small companies like Peoples Energy went bust is because they operated on the hope the wholesale price of energy didn't go above their magical figure, but it did and will continue to do so.

Partly true.

My energy company which went bust, did so because a major owner of it, BP, pulled the plug. PP stated that they had enough hedged Gas to last till April, but they went under in October time. It is, er, alleged/understood that BP basically saw the gas price rise, thought "we can make a huge profit here by selling our hedged gas for the new higher price and dumping Pure Planet. So they did. Imagine that! a big Oil Company shafting the little guy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Partly true.

My energy company which went bust, did so because a major owner of it, BP, pulled the plug. PP stated that they had enough hedged Gas to last till April, but they went under in October time. It is, er, alleged/understood that BP basically saw the gas price rise, thought "we can make a huge profit here by selling our hedged gas for the new higher price and dumping Pure Planet. So they did. Imagine that! a big Oil Company shafting the little guy.

That, I had no idea of. 

Another "for shame" moment for BP.

C'mon hydrogen fuel cell technology, blow these WW1 archaic companies outta the water - with WATER 😮 

1203291549_Screenshot2022-02-13at21_02_14.png.170d151d4b3784c9c5a773e9afec5375.png

Michelle Collins > Scrimping on a budget group - Facebook.

**** Not posting this as factual - I'm not in the group and don't know if all card and key meters are the same? ****

It might be worth investigating if your margins are looking tight for the back end of the year?

There's thousands in the group so I'm sure there'll be some scrutiny.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xann said:

1203291549_Screenshot2022-02-13at21_02_14.png.170d151d4b3784c9c5a773e9afec5375.png

Michelle Collins > Scrimping on a budget group - Facebook.

**** Not posting this as factual - I'm not in the group and don't know if all card and key meters are the same? ****

It might be worth investigating if your margins are looking tight for the back end of the year?

There's thousands in the group so I'm sure there'll be some scrutiny.

......same as overstating your meter readings now, at a low rate and then redeeming your built up kWh and ft3 when the rates increase. Only issue is your direct debit may be high to cover your falsely higher metering readings. They will soon drop though when you start to redeem your built up credit.  

8 hours ago, Genie said:

The “threat” of an invasion in Ukraine and already petrol prices shoot up to new record levels.

They don’t waste any opportunities to make a few extra billion at the little peoples expense do they.

Every single time. 

Prices shoot up in hours, and take months to return  to previous levels. 

Strange isn't it? 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Every single time. 

Prices shoot up in hours, and take months to return  to previous levels. 

Strange isn't it? 

Well someone’s gotta pay for all this military equipment. 

Also if we’re going to have a WW3 governments are going to have to think about how they motivate their men folk to go and die pointlessly. National pride ain’t going to cut it no more, so maybe the idea we go and have a dust up with the Russians to get energy prices back under control? 

14 hours ago, Genie said:

The “threat” of an invasion in Ukraine and already petrol prices shoot up to new record levels.

They don’t waste any opportunities to make a few extra billion at the little peoples expense do they.

And khans just put up prices in aTfL again so even if you wanted to use public transport your still getting ruined financially. 

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Rumours of de-escalation now so the prices will back down again by tomorrow lunchtime…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

And khans just put up prices in aTfL again so even if you wanted to use public transport your still getting ruined financially. 

I am not sure why you are blaming Khan. When Tfl were given emergency funds by the government, after their finances were decimated by the pandemic, that funding came with strict conditions and this is the result of those conditions. The government can give money away/ write money off when it involves friends/family/donators but not for others it seems. Point the finger where it should be. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not sure why you are blaming Khan. When Tfl were given emergency funds by the government, after their finances were decimated by the pandemic, that funding came with strict conditions and this is the result of those conditions. The government can give money away/ write money off when it involves friends/family/donators but not for others it seems. Point the finger where it should be. 

Khan could object if he wanted too. He hasnt so is bad as this shite government 

Khans destroyed london.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Khan could object if he wanted too. He hasnt so is bad as this shite government 

Khans destroyed london.

Literally took me 30 seconds to find:

“Since TfL's finances were decimated by the pandemic, the Government has set strict conditions as part of the emergency funding deals to keep essential transport services running in London”.

“We have been forced into this position by the Government and the way it continues to refuse to properly fund TfL, but I have done everything in my power to keep fares as affordable as possible”.

• Sad 1

Â