Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/21 at 22:59

You can't even put an official complaint in against refereeing like that. Borderline corrupt decision making. Seriously oe of the worst I've seen in years. Disgraceful from Atwell.

Schoolboy errors defensively cost us. McGinn was brilliant.

I don’t think 3-0 is reflective of how the game was played. We did well for long periods and have been undone by defensive errors and poor defending. At the end of the day you have to take your chances against teams like Chelsea, they’re European champions with obscene amounts of money in the team and coming off the bench. 

Today was harsh, but we will be fine this season. 

• Like 1

Never a 3-0 game, we played really well for the most part, I thought our passing and pressing got markedly worse when we reverted to one up top and brought Traore on.

Mings/Steer calamity killed us really today, we were well worth a goal at least.

Ah well, hopefully can take it into the next game and beat Everton.

• Like 1

Mcginn is MOTM.  Was a gladiator.  If he would have scored a goal, it would have been his best Premier League performance yet.

Ramsey continues to impress.  Smith got his tactics right, but individual mistakes continue to cost us.  Looking forward to finally having a full strength and fit squad against Everton next Saturday.  UTV!!!

I don’t know what to say. 1st half we looked ok, missed some sitters and such, but we lost and that’s all that matters. Once Mings gave the goal away and went 2-0 up, they parked the bus on us. Quite poor 2nd half. Watching on Sky sounded like Chelsea fans weren’t chanting any thing. It sounded very dead.

• Like 1

Probably as good a 0-3 performance you are likely to see, scoreline didn't reflect the game IMO.

Some terrible and costly defensive errors and Chelsea were ruthless, unlike us.

Ref was almost comically biased. Just absolutely dreadful. Should be investigated. Once again I petition for adding an additional Mike Dean rating as worst rating below Very Poor for Refereeing Performance

• Like 1

Look at twatwell having a laugh and a joke with their players. I sincerely hope we complain about him and he never referees again. I hope he gets sacked and never gets a job again. Absolute disgraceful performance from him.

We gave them 3 goals. Should have scored 5 goals minimum in the first half but we fluffed our lines. We need to be more ruthless.

To be added later motm for me. Brilliant performance despite that corrupted bastard of bastard cheating us throughout the game.

Besides the Axel mistake it was an excellent first half performance. We basically bullied them, and should have scored at least one goal. Frustrating.

The Mings calamity torpedoed the ship and that's that.

Despite the score line, I thought we played well. Smart tactics from Dean. They couldn't deal with our pressing. But for two bad mistakes and a lack of finishing, we might have got at least a point from that.

We missed the Argies, no doubt. Will be good to have a fully fit side to build upon the positive things on display today.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Great first half but Mings was absolutely awful. At fault for second and third goals plus passing terrible. Far too easily turned against class forwards! Not a captain’s performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â