January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Not a remote chance we will be interested In Sterling and his £300k plus per week wages oh and the £80 plus million in fees … Ae do t need him and especially at those prices - Top quality player as his record shows but just No thanks from me even if that want a hurdle… 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Sterling is rubbish, he scores goals in an elite Man City team that allows him to be bad and get away with it.

He runs in to players, all the time, his decision making is terrible, he's like a faster, better version of El Ghazi (and thats not a compliment).

The amount if times i see Sterling get the ball, and just run in to players and get dispossessed, or run in to cul-de-sacs etc, really dont rate him at all.

He is so one footed too.  The number of attacks that he halts because he can't kick the ball with his left foot and so can't go past the outside of the right back is untrue.  He's taken full advantage of his ability though and has an impressive knack of turning up at the right time - so rubbish is harsh.  However, I agree that he needs to be in an excellent team to thrive - he's not the type of player who will turn a good team into a very good team.

• Like 1

I can think of 300 thousand reasons why Sterling won’t come to us. 

I’d like to go on record as saying I actually think he is an excellent player. He might not be the world beater he is hyped up to be or that he believes he is, but he walks into our side and would be our best player. 

• Like 1

Yo Steven…

Please don’t sign Liverpool reserves/cast offs, please don’t sign ageing “name” players (on fat contracts), don’t fancy any Rangers players either.

We need top quality.

Work with Lange and identify young and exciting talent…

A proper DM is a must.

Cheers.

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I will never get why people don’t rate Sterling. He is class in my opinion. But obviously don’t see us being in for him particularly with wages and fee as others mentioned. 

Most people on here rate Sterling highly. The club just isn't anywhere close to being able to afford his wage demands. Kinda renders any other discussion about him in the transfer thread moot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I will never get why people don’t rate Sterling. He is class in my opinion. But obviously don’t see us being in for him particularly with wages and fee as others mentioned. 

His dangerous arm flapping, if he didn't have that I believe he'd be relieved alot more and in reality soon as he makes contact to someone chasing him, he's committed a foul. It's a large part of his game which helps his game out but it's unfair to opposition.

I class him as one of those dangerous players who won't care if he takes someone's eyes out or slaps someone in the face.

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Rangers fans shitting themselves that Nathan Patterson will move to us. Can’t say I know anything about him. 

I rarely watch them in the SPL, but I've watched most of their European matches and I don't think anybody currently playing for them would cut it here beyond just being bodies for the squad, which is not what we need. Doubt Lange would sanction stuff like raiding Rangers or collecting Liverpool castoffs anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Rangers fans shitting themselves that Nathan Patterson will move to us. Can’t say I know anything about him. 

No need, we’ve got Kaine Kesler Hayden so won’t be us … 

• Like 1

Work the magic Gerrard and CO,  think a new midfielder, CB and possibly a CDM and the ship should steady.

It's going to be interesting in Gerrards first named squad.

Do you think Gerrard can gain access to high level stars because of the person who he were in his playing days or will he have to sort some wins out first.

Or will Gerrard be as confined as what Smith were??

Sterling is magic. Admittedly hasn't been in the best of form over the past 12 months, but it happens. He's only 26 so it shouldn't concern anyone. 

What should concern them is the wages and the fact that we don't need players in the attacking positions. We need a central midfielder and probably options at full back. That is where we should concentrate our efforts, not on a player who will likely end up at a Bayern Munich or a PSG.