January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

It looked like we were trying to sign Bentancur as our last transfer and it is reported that Spurs have agreed a deal for him. With only a little over a day of the TW left it is reasonable to think we are done. Gerrard has said if we can't get the players we want we will wait till the summer. Yes, we could still buy someone but it does look like we are done imo

Reports suggested we had made an enquiry for the lad over a week ago and never followed it up.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Athletic is saying that Toon want to sign Matt Targett before tomorrow's deadline. That could be a lovely bit of business for the right price and maybe we get Hickey in tomorrow for half the price we sell Targett

I'd do it for 30m

52 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Backward is being kind. I’d call it Medieval. 

7th century is before medieval times

Edit- just looked it up and depends what you class it as and some people used 500-1500AD

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

7th century is before medieval times

Edit- just looked it up and depends what you class it as and some people used 500-1500AD

The Medieval Period is generally accepted as starting towards the end of the Roman Empire and ends 1530/50 at the time of Protestantism challenging the Catholic Church. So that’s the time of Luther and Henry VIII. But in this case I am referring to brutal, oppressive attitudes rather than an academic period in time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, grobs said:

Would like bissouma but feels unlikely for a deal like that to happen within the final day 

Depends. We could be 70% of the way to completing a deal for a player, the club are just keeping things close to the chest.

Might not necessarily be Bissouma, but we could already be working on a deal for someone.

Gerrard strikes me as someone that will keep trying to improve the squad right up to the deadline.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Depends. We could be 70% of the way to completing a deal for a player, the club are just keeping things close to the chest.

Might not necessarily be Bissouma, but we could already be working on a deal for someone.

Gerrard strikes me as someone that will keep trying to improve the squad right up to the deadline.

I hope so fingers crossed! I’m praying for it to be true because as everyone else says it’s the missing piece 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

No rush but if we finish 8th-9th and show ambition Inthe summer we could have a realistic chance of convincing players that may see Spurs, Leicester, West Ham or Arsenal as ahead of us that we can challenge next year.

Finish 13th-15th and it's a harder discussion. A DM could genuinely be the difference for us between 9th and 13th. Then we can focus on a top tier CB in the summer.

Fair point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

The Medieval Period is generally accepted as starting towards the end of the Roman Empire and ends 1530/50 at the time of Protestantism challenging the Catholic Church. So that’s the time of Luther and Henry VIII. But in this case I am referring to brutal, oppressive attitudes rather than an academic period in time.

The medieval period is generally accepted as being the period from Doug Ellis 2  until the end of the Xiastine period. Often referred to as the wilderness of darkness years. Symbolised in children’s books as a black, endlessly downward spiralling rollercoaster. 

• Haha 2