January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even someone like Soumare from PSV I think would improve us and he’d probably be a similar price range to Bentancur. We don’t necessarily have to spend £40-50m on someone.

I agree, we don’t have to spend so heavily. Wouldn’t it be nice for us to sign the “next Bissouma” or a player that could turn out to be even better? Rather than overspend on that kind of established player?

Again, I don’t really care who we bring in for that role/position as long as they have the required quality and attributes. We need a more defensive force in midfield who is also composed on the ball and passes it well.

Let’s see how good our scouting department really is…

• Like 1

We've already got a lot of players bought for reasonable fees that have and could improve to become bargains -

Luiz, Cash, Konsa and Sanson added to our youth prospects who are some of the best in the country.

Gerrard will want to push on and add proven quality to the group like Digne and Coutinho and those players cost money.

I'd expect we'll be in for Bissouma in the summer again once he has 12 months left on his deal. Will be a big ask trying to sign him then.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we’re going to do anything, I think the story will break this evening. 

The Ings and Chambers transfers proved that you just never know when we could sign someone. Even the media have no idea what we’re doing some of the time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The Ings and Chambers transfers proved that you just never know when we could sign someone. Even the media have no idea what we’re doing some of the time.

Don Lange 

C5E43078-F157-412E-8FC0-A62C726B8550.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems like we bid around twenty to twenty-five million for Bissouma and Bentancur, or were interested in them for around that price, so I doubt we're going to go from that to bidding £40m plus for Bissouma. If we sign a DM now will probably be that Boubacar Kamara if still available, or someone that hasn't been talked about. Hehehe.

Wonder if we can sneak a move through for Boubacar Kamara now that Bentancur is a no go.

Failing that, I wonder who our scouting team have identified other than Bentancur. Although I’d love us to sign Bissouma, I think giving Brighton £50m for him would be nuts.

I've been trying to look at our signings and departures from AVFC's perspective rather than just as a fan.

SG has commented that he believes Luiz can go up a couple of levels and has challenged him to do so. He is already a fairly valuable asset and can retain value even with his contract situation if he finishes the season strongly.

Sanson is looking really sharp in training and now looks to be the player we signed before his lengthy injury problems. His value may also be enhanced by regular game time putting him back in the shop window.

Both DL and MS need to play regularly between now and the end of this season to attract big money approaches this summer (if we intend to upgrade their positions).

The pair of them could be sold for a considerable amount if they showcase themselves in our last seventeen games.

Signing Chambers (who was player of the season for Fulham in the DM role for Fulham) gives SG the cover to to complete this season without too many problems.

We are acting sensibly and leaving ourselves in a strong position this Summer, by not being dictated to by other more desperate clubs.

I would have liked us to sign Bentancur or Bissouma, but I understand the reasons for not doing so if that is the case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

It seems like we bid around twenty to twenty-five million for Bissouma and Bentancur, or were interested in them for around that price, so I doubt we're going to go from that to bidding £40m plus for Bissouma. If we sign a DM now will probably be that Boubacar Kamara if still available, or someone that hasn't been talked about. Hehehe.

Sounds like you are ITK 😂

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Wonder if we can sneak a move through for Boubacar Kamara now that Bentancur is a no go.

Failing that, I wonder who our scouting team have identified other than Bentancur. Although I’d love us to sign Bissouma, I think giving Brighton £50m for him would be nuts.

Calum Chambers?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea is where he wants to go but they dont want to overpay for an academy player they released 

They paid a fortune for Lukaku and Matic, whilst neither were academy, they got rid of pretty cheaply and then brought back at an inflated price. So I would say they would buy an ex academy player 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They paid a fortune for Lukaku and Matic, whilst neither were academy, they got rid of pretty cheaply and then brought back at an inflated price. So I would say they would buy an ex academy player 

I just remember the story that Lampard kept asking the board for him and Marina kept saying No

i think we're done for this window personally. i can see gerrard being faidly happy with our option at CM for now. sanson has looked decent remember

definitely dont see us signing bissouma. especially with the allegations around another certain player coming out this morning i can't see us signing a player with a sexual assault charge hanging over them