January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Wonder if we'll make a move for Cheick Doucouré to fill a gap until the summer. Heavily linked in the summer window. Can't be too expensive. 

I’d love us to pull one more surprise out of the bag before tomorrow but I tend to think we’re done. As much as I think we’ve done some great business this window, I find it frustrating that we are not solving that one position. I’m ok with waiting to summer to sort it but there really should be no excuses after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is it in a nutshell...

We won't pay the price.

Bentancur, Bissouma, Phillips, etc... we are crying out for one of those players.

Villa want to act like big boys but won't; meanwhile we play Luiz in that defensive position and Nakamba is injured.

I think this is why I just feel a bit deflated despite us bringing in some top players this window. We just don’t want to spend big on what is the most important part of the team.

We’ve invested heavily in most parts of this team - GK, CB, LB, ST and of course wingers/attacking midfielders. Yet our most expensive CM was Luiz at £15m. Think he’s the most we’ve ever spent on a CM in our entire history which is crazy. 

Unless we’re prepared to do what Brighton do and bring in the likes of Bissouma and mould them into a top midfielder, then we will have to spend the money. And even if we were prepared to do that, it would be 2-3 years before we see the player develop into a top midfielder and we can’t wait that long.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’d love us to pull one more surprise out of the bag before tomorrow but I tend to think we’re done. As much as I think we’ve done some great business this window, I find it frustrating that we are not solving that one position. I’m ok with waiting to summer to sort it but there really should be no excuses after that. 

Usually Villa deadline surprise signings are Simon Dawkins, Borja Baston or Salifou...... Might be better to turn the fax machine off 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wonder if we'll make a move for Cheick Doucouré to fill a gap until the summer. Heavily linked in the summer window. Can't be too expensive. 

Was just about to mention him as the name was constantly brought up last window and no one appears to have mentioned him this time, until now.

Someone mentioned Merino again recently too.

Worthwhile options for sure… there are many out there but many of us seem fixated on the usual names or “rated players”. There are bargains to be had too, we don’t have to spend big but you won’t hear me arguing if we decide to 😆

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even someone like Soumare from PSV I think would improve us and he’d probably be a similar price range to Bentancur. We don’t necessarily have to spend £40-50m on someone.

Sangare?

Sure.