January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, Zatman said:

My theory is that as much as people cried for it maybe Gerrard like Dean Smith and Lange dont feel the mythical DM is actually that important 

Whether it’s a DM or not, the midfield is the one area where we need to strengthen. It’s not like Gerrard and Smith haven’t tried to improve it either with moves for Ward-Prowse and Bentancur. Albeit failed moves.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Whether it’s a DM or not, the midfield is the one area where we need to strengthen. It’s not like Gerrard and Smith haven’t tried to improve it either with moves for Ward-Prowse and Bentancur. Albeit failed moves.

Yeah, it's a big problem area as we've a mid table or lower level midfield

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sigh.

This is it in a nutshell...

We won't pay the price.

Bentancur, Bissouma, Phillips, etc... we are crying out for one of those players.

Villa want to act like big boys but won't; meanwhile we play Luiz in that defensive position and Nakamba is injured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The club know it’s a position that needs strengthening. Maybe it’s just budget constraints as we aren’t willing to meet asking prices for these players. 

Then if it is the case we won't meet the prices Villa will find it almost impossible to break into the top ten.

Look at the money in the PL now with Newcastle, if they stay up it hurts us big time.

Never going to be a top side till we sort the DM problem out.

Signing Coutinho/Digne e.t.c is nice and all but won't push on up the table unless we address this issue.

Becoming a bit of a joke now, how many more windows will it take.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Then if it is the case we won't meet the prices Villa will find it almost impossible to break into the top ten.

Look at the money in the PL now with Newcastle, if they stay up it hurts us big time.

You speak as if budget constraints are off the agenda?

I don't see how we can sustain the current wage - let alone add to it.

Can't fault NSWE - they've been brilliant for us. But maybe even  they have reached the limit of what they are prepared to fund.

• Like 1

Looking at transfermarkt we are pretty much at break even in terms of players fees out/in since the start of the season. Grealish fee gave us a big chunk of that. Even if the figures aren’t completely reliable they are close enough. Obviously spending more on wages though with Coutinho here. Maybe we might be close to hitting FFP limits.. I don’t know. 

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If Spam are offering 50m ( prob bullshit) for Phillips it most likely means they have received a decent bid for Rice, nothings been reported and there is only one club that does their business behind closed doors... Just sayin.

Football would absolutely shit the bed if he came here. We’ve more chance of getting Bellingham (and by more I mean none). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Football would absolutely shit the bed if he came here. We’ve more chance of getting Bellingham (and by more I mean none). 

I doubt it too but it fits in with us trying to really close the gap to the elite, we really are trying to make things happen but maybe these is a bridge too far. Football would do more then shit the bed, just imagine.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I doubt it too but it fits in with us trying to really close the gap to the elite, we really are trying to make things happen but maybe these is a bridge too far. Football would do more then shit the bed, just imagine.

Imagine indeed. “Oi, dwarfy. Drop the dildo, ‘and over that Rice, take this 100m Grealish money and **** off.” 

Guy Ritchie does football transfers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

It’s Man U that are after Rice isn’t it?

That's been on the cards for a few windows, I wouldn't blame him for turning his nose up at them. He won't go citeh or Chelsea either, spurs will not pay for him, that leaves the big boys abroad, Arsenal and us😬

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

That's been on the cards for a few windows, I wouldn't blame him for turning his nose up at them. He won't go citeh or Chelsea either, spurs will not pay for him, that leaves the big boys abroad, Arsenal and us😬

Why wouldn’t he go to Chelsea? He’s a Chelsea boy and his best mate is Mount.  He wouldn’t even have to move house.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Chelsea is where he wants to go but they dont want to overpay for an academy player they released 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why wouldn’t he go to Chelsea? He’s a Chelsea boy and his best mate is Mount.  He wouldn’t even have to move house.

It’s a well trodden road, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, even John Terry (West Ham academy before Chelsea). Would make sense and Abramovich can afford it. 

• Like 1