January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I thought this was just a Gerrard-Liverpool-Suarez joke but loads over twitterverse joking about Suarez to Villa.  I assume it’s just a joke that’s got out of control though.

edit: I think it’s because Gabby joked about going to get Suarez next that it’s gone a bit viral

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

People complained all season saying we should have been mid table especially if we kept Whelan, Hutton, Adomah etc 😂

I think most right minded Villa fans were happy to stay up really, you always hope for more, but realism eventually kicks in. Team wise they weren't all quite that terrible. We had Mings, Marv, Konsa, Douglas, Hourihane, Trez, El G and some bloke who now sits on a bench in Manchester. Survival was always my target and it was never in doubt. ;) 

Now, has anyone heard any transfer gossip?? 

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I thought this was just a Gerrard-Liverpool-Suarez joke but loads over twitterverse joking about Suarez to Villa.  I assume it’s just a joke that’s got out of control though.

edit: I think it’s because Gabby joked about going to get Suarez next that it’s gone a bit viral

Nice one Gabby then. Love to think of other fans casting envious eyes at our real transfer dealings, as well as our imagined ones. :D 

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

I know.

But just in case they do, I’ve been watching this kid called nick76… great stats, a bit older and overweight but really would add something to the team.  I think he’s available on a free and would be a snip at £100k per week, he’d probably accept £80k per week if we act fast.

I don't think we will get him. He has his heart set on a move to Norwich, they don't have much cash but he will probably accept 10k a week to sign for them

• Haha 1

Love Trez for what he did for us at crucial points in our fight to stay up but he's way behind the rest of the squad in terms of ability.  Would be great for all involved if he can go for a decent wedge.  I hope he isn't remembered for the pathetic dive vs Brentford as his "last act".

17 minutes ago, John said:

I think most right minded Villa fans were happy to stay up really, you always hope for more, but realism eventually kicks in. Team wise they weren't all quite that terrible. We had Mings, Marv, Konsa, Douglas, Hourihane, Trez, El G and some bloke who now sits on a bench in Manchester. Survival was always my target and it was never in doubt. ;) 

Now, has anyone heard any transfer gossip?? 

Defoe has left rangers ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🙏🙏🙏

Good move for all concerned.

We signed him from Turkey didn't we?

He still gets to play for a giant club, in a league wher he can probably tear it up, we get money and wages off the books.

Win win.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He still gets to play for a giant club, in a league wher he can probably tear it up, we get money and wages off the books.

Win win.

Plus there is a big following of Turkish football in Egypt so it's big for Galatasary 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Suarez is surely just media garbage because we signed Coutihno and the Liverpool old boys link, there will be plenty of this. At 34 he'd till want 150k min. Nope.

Martin Skrtel is joining too 😉

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Win win.

Ideal scenario. I know he has his fans but he is such a poor player, at least technically.

So many of our fans regard too many of our players (former ones too) as heroes but many of them simply don’t justify that status, imo.

The quality and consistency needs to be there, especially if we want to keep progressing.

Trez is just a shit player with good attitude and workrate imo. That may sound harsh to some but I’m just being honest from my POV. I don’t want us to carry poor players any more… I’ve run out of patience tbh. That pathetic dive didn’t help either.

Can appreciate what the likes of El Ghazi and Trez have done for us in the past (Anwar won us that POF) but we can’t and shouldn’t live on memories. It’s all about moving onwards and upwards, no more passengers…

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Win win.

WE signed him from Kasımpaşa. Agreed a win win for all concerned, my only concern is that they may be looking to loan him only. 

• Like 1