January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Can't even get ahead of Keylor Navas and Donnarumma at PSG, must be crap.

Has Covid currently, just like half of the PSG squad but shouldn't be an issue.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't even get ahead of Keylor Navas and Donnarumma at PSG, must be crap.

Has Covid currently, just like half of the PSG squad but shouldn't be an issue.

Signing a GK could be a bit of an issue.  Anyone coming to us will have to be content with being number two.  Would being number two at Villa be any different being number three at PSG?

Clement Grenier still available on a free. He's a great player on the ball.

Asset for Rennes and Lyon, not sure how he went at Roma. Could definitely provide solid competition but I don't think he's leaving France, and I don't think we could offer him any promise of football with Coutinho and Buendia among our ranks.

Still a great little player.

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How many of us would believe this would be us just two years ago when we had the likes of Drinkwater on loan. What a time to be a Villa fan. 

How many of us would have believed this 3.5 months ago when we won at Old Trafford

18 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

32 this year. Not good enough to be given a short contract.

Milner turned 36 this year and is holding it down in one of the better sides in the world. Last I checked Andre is far from finished, and is very crafty in possession, energetic, high IQ. I just think he might be too lightweight to have the same influence defensively in the PL as he has done in France. I'm sure there's far better options out there but he wouldn't break the bank.

Edit: I checked. He's number one for tackles made in France and top twenty in the league for interceptions too. 

His craftiness on the ball is clever and well honed too. Definitely not limited in his repertoire. 

Edited by A'Villan

2 hours ago, Wes said:

That BMail article, is referencing an older BMail article, which in turn is referencing this Daily Mail article from January 1st. It goes through every club and lists have a dozen potential transfer targets.

There's zero new news here.

Zero news??? In the Birmingham Mail???? Never!

Just now, A'Villan said:

Mattéo Guendouzi available on a free at seasons end. 23 years old. Not sure if there's attitude problems there but the young man has potential in abundance. 

the guy was an absolute tool and his behaviours at Arsenal were pretty shocking.

Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

• Thanks 2

It would be good if Watford could beat Newcastle at the weekend and make them an even less attractive proposition to potential targets. If they overcome the mighty Watford at home you can imagine the rubbish coming from that lot and their money loving pals at the BBC. Turned a corner, looking up at the European places, challenging for the PL title next season, Eddie Howe is a genius who will make them world beaters…..on and on and on and on. Yawn 🥱 

• Like 4