January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I agree that 50M for Bissouma is a hefty price, but we really need a dominant ball winning CM who can pass and dictate play, question is who can we get that is cheaper and more value for money? 

Have you seen Denis Zakaria play? Do you think is best of him and Bissouma?

Zakaria is better he has everything and he is 6'3 and one of the fastest players in Germany.

I doubt even if we wanted him we could sign him as he could go on a free to a bigger club with massive wages in the summer.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Ideal scenario. I know he has his fans but he is such a poor player, at least technically.

So many of our fans regard too many of our players (former ones too) as heroes but many of them simply don’t justify that status, imo.

The quality and consistency needs to be there, especially if we want to keep progressing.

Trez is just a shit player with good attitude and workrate imo. That may sound harsh to some but I’m just being honest from my POV. I don’t want us to carry poor players any more… I’ve run out of patience tbh. That pathetic dive didn’t help either.

Can appreciate what the likes of El Ghazi and Trez have done for us in the past (Anwar won us that POF) but we can’t and shouldn’t live on memories. It’s all about moving onwards and upwards, no more passengers…

What is a hero? These players play for our football team and really give a f*** about the jumper they play for are heroes in a way, aren’t they? Without Trez we’d probably be a newly promoted side this season, or worse, still kicking around in the championship.

Does this mean that Trez is one of the greatest footballers the world has ever seen and should be kept on our books at all costs? No, but Trez has had heroic moments at Villa that have impacted the status of this club and all its fans for the better. Is that not heroic?

I don’t even necessarily disagree with your critique, and I don’t think Trez will still be here at the end of this transfer window, but just on the future, past, present, and progress;

You cannot have progress into the future without the past. As you say, we should not live in the past but also cannot live in the future either, otherwise we not only lose sight of where we’ve come from, but we also lose many of the things that make this club so great. We need to acknowledge the past, respect the past and all the heroes who played their role, because that’s ultimately what will drive us into the future.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

What is a hero? These players play for our football team and really give a f*** about the jumper they play for are heroes in a way, aren’t they? Without Trez we’d probably be a newly promoted side this season, or worse, still kicking around in the championship.

Does this mean that Trez is one of the greatest footballers the world has ever seen and should be kept on our books at all costs? No, but Trez has had heroic moments at Villa that have impacted the status of this club and all its fans for the better. Is that not heroic?

I don’t even necessarily disagree with your critique, and I don’t think Trez will still be here at the end of this transfer window, but just on the future, past, present, and progress;

You cannot have progress into the future without the past. As you say, we should not live in the past but also cannot live in the future either, otherwise we not only lose sight of where we’ve come from, but we also lose many of the things that make this club so great. We need to acknowledge the past, respect the past and all the heroes who played their role, because that’s ultimately what will drive us into the future.

If the past is irrelevant, its all become pointless, The past is what we learn from....Experience.

on the heroics......There are heroes and heroic moments....Heroes for me are players who regularly create heroic moments.

Irrespective of the crucial things players have done, in the past.....we have to upgrade to progress the club.

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Seems to be a lot of overnight rumours from various sources linking us with a loan move for Luis Suárez 

I think those " rumours " were online jokes which escalated?

The only way I see any remote truth would be if Ings if off etc.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Zakaria is better he has everything and he is 6'3 and one of the fastest players in Germany.

I doubt even if we wanted him we could sign him as he could go on a free to a bigger club with massive wages in the summer.

Zakaria would be a massive signing that I can't see happening but my only worry is that I don't think he's quite the same player as he was before that knee injury in 2020.

We have other posters on here who have watched him much more than me in the last 2 seasons who weigh in on and it might be just me not having watched him enough recently.

Would happily have him here thou :D 

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Would £50m dislodge Kalvin Phillips? If we’ve got that much to spend I’d love to get him in

Only if they got relegated this summer, otherwise I reckon £60m - if he’d leave at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Only if they got relegated this summer, otherwise I reckon £60m - if he’d leave at all. 

Yeah true, perhaps I’m measuring him by the Grealish level of loyalty, when maybe he actually does love Leeds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah true, perhaps I’m measuring him by the Grealish level of loyalty, when maybe he actually does love Leeds.

I think he would, but not for us. Citeh, Chelsea, Liverpool is a different conversation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think he would, but not for us. Citeh, Chelsea, Liverpool is a different conversation.

It’s a hard truth, but true nonetheless. Maybe in five years it wouldn’t be though…?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if we bought in a quality CB as well as a DM if we can find a CB that ticks the boxes that Gerrard is looking for in this window.

I’m not saying that either Mings or Konsa need replacing, but neither are under any pressure to perform considering the gulf in class between them and Hause.