January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yet again… it’s obvious what we miss and need 😆

Glad we ground that win out but we suffered…

Please just sign Bissouma or a DM just as good, if not better.

100% we need that profile of player. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

100% we need that profile of player. 

Getting tired of saying it. Just imagine a player like Bissouma in our side today, I’m sure we wouldn’t have been under so much pressure as were in that second half. 

A strong, physical presence with calmness on the ball, allowing us to keep the ball better and dictate possession would be revolutionary for us. 

Against scrappy/dirty sides like Everton or Burnley, our lack of height and strength is further exposed but I’m delighted that we showed fight and spirit and were willing to suffer for that win today.

Hoping to see us be more dominant and composed in future though, desperate for us to be comfortable in possession.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i flippin hope not.

Me too as I think he wouldn't be an upgrade on what we have. Could just be someone punting on it and could be nothing in it, just felt with a big drop in odds like that it was worth mentioning

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That game showed again how much we need a DCM imo

Would have been nice to put one on in the second half yeah.

Finding one who also does the ball retention and build up that Luiz offers would cost us more than we can afford I'm guessing. If such a player would even join us at this stage. Bissouma certainly doesn't offer this, he's good at other things thou. 

Guess we could always give up possession for the sake of being better at winning the ball back but that seems counter productive.

I think Bissouma has all the (missing) attributes we need or lack in midfield.

But again, there are so many options. It doesn’t have to be him.

Names? Cheick Doucoure, B. Kamara, Mikel Merino, Caqueret, Sangare… and many more.

Really hope we get this sorted and I’m hoping, even believing, that we will. We have some time and respite now to do so and focus on it too…

Sort it and we can make a major push to cement ourselves in that top half and maybe even make an unlikely push for Europe…

We have a run of very winnable games coming up next month, let’s put ourselves in the best possible position to go on a run of dominant performances… 🙏

1 hour ago, Creeper said:

Haven't seen any links. But villa went from 10/1 to 11/8 to sign Aaron Ramsey (the Welsh one)

7/2 with Coral. Palace are 6/4 and Newcastle (nice for them to be considered for once:rolleyes:) are 7/4 (so they can't be interested;)). 

Edited by John