January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

52 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

NSWE should buy Blues. Fumigate it and then turn it into Aldi megastore. 

Fixed

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fixed

Are we sure fumigation will be sufficient? Really dangerous material has to be encased and buried deep in the ground. Having said that, bearing in mind the inhabitants, perhaps we should consign the lot to the fires of Mordor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m just weary of the fact that Bentancur and even Kamara are an unknown to this league and it will take time for them to settle and even then they might not be an upgrade on Luiz. 

Buy cheap, buy twice. If we can afford it, £40m on Bissouma and you’ve got one of the best in the division if not the world in that position, probably for the next 5 years. 

Bissouma, McGinn and Ramsey is a fantastic midfield 3. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buy cheap, buy twice.

That only makes sense if paying more for Bissouma makes him a better player.

I think the football business department at Villa have shown they know what they’re doing with regards for transfers and valuing players.

Just now, a m ole said:

That only makes sense if paying more for Bissouma makes him a better player.

I think the football business department at Villa have shown they know what they’re doing with regards for transfers and valuing players.

Maybe, maybe not. 

We’ve spent a lot of money over the past 3 years and we’ve bought a few players that I don’t think have been great purchases.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

We’ve spent a lot of money over the past 3 years and we’ve bought a few players that I don’t think have been great purchases.

Bissouma also no guarantee of being as good as he has been for Brighton. New system, new teammates, new manager, all can be a risk.

I’d also argue that more £40 mill purchases in the PL are busts than work out. Especially players who finally get that big pay day, not sure what Bissouma’s temperament is like, but motivation past the big contract is perhaps the biggest risk of all.

• Like 1

I know its not real life but…. According to Fifa 👀 and it appears to match up based on real life reviews

Douglas Luiz - Rating (77) Potential Rating (84)

Compare To Replacement 

Rodrigo Bentancur - Rating (78) Potential Rating (83)

Boubacar Kamara - Rating (80) Potential Rating (86)

Denis Zakaria - Rating (81) Potential Rating (86) 

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I know its not real life but…. According to Fifa 👀 and it appears to match up based on real life reviews

Compare To Replacement 

Don’t think we are looking for a DL replacement, it is really Nakamba to be replaced. DL is not a DM just the best we have in extremis. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Don’t think we are looking for a DL replacement, it is really Nakamba to be replaced. DL is not a DM just the best we have in extremis. 

Yeah i know what you mean but he plays in that position and then DL can play further forward in his more naturally suited position

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Compare To Replacement 

More dumb computer game numbers for everyone. this time Football Manager 22

Douglas Luiz - Current Ability - 137.  Potential Ability 155 
Marvelous Nakamba - Current Ability - 130.  Potential Ability 135
Rodrigo Bentancur - Current Ability - 149.  Potential Ability 164
Boubacar Kamara - Current Ability - 136.  Potential Ability 159
Denis Zakaria - Current Ability - 138.  Potential Ability 149
Yves Bissouma - Current Ability - 149.  Potential Ability 165

Anel Ahmedhodžić is a player who intrigues me 

Ahmedhodžić possesses a rare profile: he is a centre-back with size, speed, solid defensive nous, quality in posses­sion, and he has plenty more years before he peaks.

Scandinavian prospects usually move to a mid-level league before reaching the elite-level competition, but the Bos­nian is good enough to skip that step entirely. After a move did not materialise this January, clubs in each of the top-five leagues should be clearing their pathways and putting together bumper proposals to pick him up this summer, knowing he is an exceptional defensive talent with a huge­ly valuable skillset for little more than €10 million.

Clubs should be battling to buy him – for the likes of At­alanta and Borussia Mönchengladbach, LOSC Lille and Brighton, Sevilla and Southampton, this is a golden op­portunity to sign a defender of genuine Champions League potential. Even clubs at the level of Liverpool and Bayern München would do well to get in on him early because when Ahmedhodžić breaks out, he will break the bank.

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/anel-ahmedhodzic-2/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

More dumb computer game numbers for everyone. this time Football Manager 22

Douglas Luiz - Current Ability - 137.  Potential Ability 155 
Marvelous Nakamba - Current Ability - 130.  Potential Ability 135
Rodrigo Bentancur - Current Ability - 149.  Potential Ability 164
Boubacar Kamara - Current Ability - 136.  Potential Ability 159
Denis Zakaria - Current Ability - 138.  Potential Ability 149
Yves Bissouma - Current Ability - 149.  Potential Ability 165

I wanted this one more so thanks for that, they rate bentancur way higher than zakaria , that doesn’t seem right.