January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s taken him a while to get up to speed with the league and made quite a few costly mistakes in the process.  Are we in a position to allow that for any player ?

We would have demanded he be sold back to Spain immediately 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s taken him a while to get up to speed with the league and made quite a few costly mistakes in the process.  Are we in a position to allow that for any player ?

I guess its the difference in seeing a player play one game.......versus following them for some time and taking a broader view.

but, I get your point.

but commenting on the one game is sometimes all we can do, under the circumstances.

I understand we watch Villa's every game, so we see the warts 'n all.....but in an effort to improve, we have to strive for betterment.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

NSWE should buy Blues. Rename them Aston Villa B Team and we could blood all our up and coming players in the lower league. If the FA complain about us having two teams we could just level the stadium and build and Aldi or a Lidl there.

I was thinking more along the lines of a low end open air market. 

We could wheel in David Jason with a suitcase to set the tone. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

NSWE should buy Blues. Rename them Aston Villa B Team and we could blood all our up and coming players in the lower league. If the FA complain about us having two teams we could just level the stadium and build and Aldi or a Lidl there.

Many a true word, spoken in jest.

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a low end open air market. 

We could wheel in David Jason with a suitcase to set the tone. 

And NSWE would be again improving the local area for the community. It would be much more entertaining to go to the local open air market to buy some fake Nike clothes at 3 o'clock on a Saturday than going to watch Blues try to play football. 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We finally get xia's theme park

Doubt renaming it "shit hole family fun park" would increase the popularity though 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

SKY reporting that Newcastle in touch with Brighton re Bissouma. Presumably Newcastle will be prepared to match the £40/50M asking price. We seem to have walked away. I wonder how Bissouma will react to Newcastle in their present situation?

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

And if he ends up costing more than that, would you pay whatever it took, or do you draw the line somewhere?

I would pay more than 50m for him but there are other considerations. If we are sailing close to FFP and if spending in excess of 50m on Bissouma takes budget away from buying a top class CB then I would probably look for an alternative. It is impossible to say what we should spend on him without knowing the details of our financials but as a player, I think Bissouma is worth more than 50m

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

And if he ends up costing more than that, would you pay whatever it took, or do you draw the line somewhere?

I think that bearing in mind last summers 25 mill bid for JWP and now the apparent 25 mill bid for Bissouma we seem on paper anyway to  undervalue the one position we need to strengthen. Me personally, , i would rather have Bissouma than another midfielder and a centre back. He is brilliant at what he does. Brilliant. So whatever we could afford i would bid.  We have spent so much in the attacking positions so its not like its well above our ceiling either. 

• Like 1