January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, Pablo_2531 said:

I’m just waiting till your linked with raheem Sterling. I can see that happening in the summer 

I actually thought the same the other day. Knows Gerrard from their Liverpool days. Although I think they’ll be bigger clubs in for him  

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Inns in a swap deal for JWP, who may be more inclined to jump ship now that Southampton are more or less secure? Suarez the short term answer?

Based on no inside info at all.... I wouldn't be surprised if Ings was approached by Newcastle to team up with Eddie Howe again.

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

I've always wanted to see Jari Litmanen in a Villa shirt, let's get him.

I think Jan Molby would be excellent in our midfield. He's 6'2 so gives us the height we desperately need in there.

Plus, at 25 stone he will be difficult to knock off the ball.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

suarez is a word removed of the highest order. i despise the guy...don't care how good he is, i wouldn't be happy at all

We do sort of need that gamesmanship though. We just don't have that. And also signing Suarez and Coutinho would raise our international profile massively. These are still 2of the biggest names in football and 2 of the top 10 transfers of all time. 

Edit: Suarez is 20th.

Also Jack is 6th. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Just having Suarez say he would be interested in joining, even if he never does, could be enough to turn the heads of other top footballers we may be interested in.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Spelling
  • Like 3

The closest peer to Suarez would I guess be Jamie Vardy, they're almost exactly the same age. Now Suarez is a better player, but if you look at Vardy this season the signs of decline are there and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see him call it a day at the end of the term. 

It's eight years since Suarez left Liverpool, Paul Lambert was our manager, if that's the Suarez you're thinking of, then I'm sorry, that isn't the Suarez we'd be getting.

Straight to Vegas in the summer, good plan - via a season in Aston, bad plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The closest peer to Suarez would I guess be Jamie Vardy, they're almost exactly the same age. Now Suarez is a better player, but if you look at Vardy this season the signs of decline are there and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see him call it a day at the end of the term. 

It's eight years since Suarez left Liverpool, Paul Lambert was our manager, if that's the Suarez you're thinking of, then I'm sorry, that isn't the Suarez we'd be getting.

Straight to Vegas in the summer, good plan - via a season in Aston, bad plan.

Maybe he'll be coming in for 30 minute bench hits?

Replacing Young in the squad... except he can't play every position.