January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I think it would be quite a shrewd move to get Jermaine Defoe in as a player-coach.

Would be good to have him in the under-23s passing on a bit of knowledge and nous to the youngsters. Wouldn't hurt having someone of his ability working with Watkins too, might be able to get his finishing up from non-league standard with a few one-on-one sessions. 

Gerrard and him worked well together along with our current backroom staff and he's terminated his contract with Rangers yesterday 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It is hard to believe what is happening to our wonderful club. We aren't even linked with dross any more. Everything has taken a step up to the top table

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is Matthias Ginter's profile too big for us?

Never watched him play. Just know he's a Germany international CB that people seem to rate with 6m left on his contract. 

Not that it'll happen, but him and Zakaria as a joint signing could round the window out nicely. 

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Is Matthias Ginter's profile too big for us?

Never watched him play. Just know he's a Germany international CB that people seem to rate with 6m left on his contract. 

Not that it'll happen, but him and Zakaria as a joint signing could round the window out nicely. 

He is gettable but at the moment Monchengladbach defence isnt very steady. Conceded 15 in space of 3 games recently 

He is versatile though 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

The bench would be quite insane too

I think whilst that’s is our best XI, gone are the days of players regularly bailing 45 games a season.

if we are to compete on all fronts properly we need 2x players in every position. 

City being the ultimate example where their second XI side is arguably a top4 side in their own right (I think easily tbh).

I think in midfield we will have that sewn up. And also up top.

defence is lacking for a strong rotation

• Like 1