January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Now that Tuanzebe is off, maybe we could move for Lingard on loan to support with our attacking midfield challenges.

Could work mate, he could raise the standards of other players like he did last season at West Ham 

• Like 2

Gerrard will know we can't play this system successfully without a destroyer / ball winner in midfield. Loss of Nakamba is biting us now. He'll also have seen enough of Targett to know he needs a superior player in that position, especially in attack. While Hause can be forgiven being rusty he'll know a new CB who can push Mings/Konsa for a starting place is also key. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

We do need competition for Targett but also someone that can upgrade us in the position.

Owen Wijndal would probably do that immediately. Aaron Hickey or Borna Sosa possibly but I haven’t seen enough of them to really know? 

In addition to the above, there is also Antonee Robinson? Pretty sure he’s good enough to challenge Targett. 

With Axel going/gone, then surely we need an additional CB this window. The Connor Goldson links will no doubt ramp up now. Question marks about whether he could step up though but Gerrard replied on him a lot at Rangers and he is a local lad.

In the Championship right now there is also Tosin Adarabioyo, Ben Cabango, Chris Mepham, Lloyd Kelly and Harry Soutter, although Soutter is recovering from a bad injury at present. Any of these guys would settle quickly into the squad though.

Fulham fans don't seem to rate Robinson that highly, many of them prefer Joe Bryan, seems to be one of those players that's rated more highly by fans of other clubs, than the fans of the club he plays for. I don't think he's someone we'd sign if we were looking for an upgrade on Targett.

11 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

surely we'd have to wait till the summer even if theres a hope in hell.

Think he's out of contract in summer. If so BMG will probably be looking to get something for him now.

Edited by tomsky_11
  • Thanks 1

The fact the bench yesterday was mostly u23 is encouraging in one way but, also shows we need to strengthen.

As others have said, LB, CM, CB are the minimum for Jan. 

I'd expect big changes in th summer with SG wanting more than the likes of Hause, Trez etc can offer 

14 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Think he's out of contract in summer. If so BMG will probably be looking to get something for him now.

Yes and it's always a tough spot when the player/agent hold all the cards but if we are it the conversation it shows SG's ambition.

18 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

The fact the bench yesterday was mostly u23 is encouraging in one way but, also shows we need to strengthen.

As others have said, LB, CM, CB are the minimum for Jan. 

I'd expect big changes in th summer with SG wanting more than the likes of Hause, Trez etc can offer 

Yeah, but the fact that he choose to use Trez, Traore  instead of those guys was a bit sad.

Trez had not played all season and Traore had played 70 minutes all season. And it showed.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

With Gerrard coming out and saying that we should be excited about the players that he wants to bring in, I would be disappointed if those players were the likes of Conor Goldson and Antonee Robinson.

I’d be far more than disappointed. Our team - other than Martinez - is mid table only so I’m expecting big improvements starting this window. Also I’m sure our ambitious owners are looking to move our club into top 6 then top 4. Anything less than this and they are wasting time and money: men like these do not do either willingly. 

• Like 2

Im sorry but i truly cannot believe its 2022 and im seeing Trezeguet still play for us, absolutely infuriating he should be finished with our club just like Wesley, now lets sign Zakaria, probably Alvarez too and a LB as targett is not good enough, and for those screaming sanson is quality etc well if he is he would be starting as there really isn't any one good  enough in our midfield that would be hard to replace, bailey missing is really concerning me , Traore did show his moments of quality but the fitness proved he isnt ready just yet

42 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

With Gerrard coming out and saying that we should be excited about the players that he wants to bring in, I would be disappointed if those players were the likes of Conor Goldson and Antonee Robinson.

Yeah i hope its not those type of players he has in store, not sure anyone in that rangers side would excite me tbh