Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

wasn't sure where to post this so i thought this is as good as anywhere

It's an interesting tune and the video to it is great, but personally i'm not sure it's a pre game anthem sort of tune

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hopefully, whatever happened in the lower Holte at HT the person is alright. On that, credit must go to the Olympiacos fans who clapped the incident and medical staff as much as Villa fans 

All sorts of rumour which i won't speculate on but clearly very serious hopefully all works out. On the atmosphere thought it was deafening for the most part

Great atmosphere, Villa Park was really ready for the occassion.  Just trying to imagine how good it could it have been had things gone better, but even so the fans stayed with the team all the way.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Hi dad posted on twitter last night that he was in hospital sitting up and having tests. I was around 10 rows above where he collapsed and he had to receive CPR from what turns out was a paramedic sitting in the crowd right by where he was collapsed. She was unbelievable and almost certainly saved his life. The lad was only in his early 20's. It was all really traumatic but thank god he pulled through. 

Yeah, seen the posts last night which was a very good ending tbh considering the worry. I was shocked to learn it was a youngster, as at the time thought, poor old bugger.

Someone was in my seat and wouldn’t move so I told a Steward and he said nothing he could do about it!  

In the end I found a steward that sorted things out but pretty much missed the first 10 minutes while all this nonsense was going on.

Atmosphere was great.

Thank god the young lad in the Holte end is ok. 🙏🏽 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Great atmosphere, Villa Park was really ready for the occassion.  Just trying to imagine how good it could it have been had things gone better, but even so the fans stayed with the team all the way.

Well not quite all the way. The stadium was half empty by the end of the game. 

I recognise this will piss off 50% of the people on here as it was probably them but we call other teams out on it so I'm going to do the same here. 

It was our first European semi final for 40 years - yes it didnt go to plan but everyone would agree if we'd have scored that pen it would have been crucial for the return leg. So why not stay and cheer your team on to try and get that 3rd goal in the dying minutes. Our players put everything into that second half, you could see how tired they were. Wonder what it did to their mentality to see so many leaving with 10 mins still left to play. 

I just dont understand it - crowd was incredibly loud for a lot of the game. Fans giving everything to sing their hearts out and get behind the team. And then they just leave when the team needs you the most. 

And for what? To get home 10/20mins earlier on a Thursday night and go to bed? Get an extra 10/20 mins sleep. 

Funny thing is because so many people had left early the traffic was an absolute breeze when I left. 

Anyway rant over. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, villaglint said:

And for what? To get home 10/20mins earlier on a Thursday night and go to bed? Get an extra 10/20 mins sleep. 

Plenty of people who were there with young kids and have to try to get them home. Others who have to get into new street and get a connection somewhere else. The lack of late night public transportation. Access to villa Park generally a complete nightmare. 

All those reasons and more are why people leave early. Can't blame them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Someone was in my seat and wouldn’t move so I told a Steward and he said nothing he could do about it!  

In the end I found a steward that sorted things out but pretty much missed the first 10 minutes while all this nonsense was going on.

Atmosphere was great.

Thank god the young lad in the Holte end is ok. 🙏🏽 

Why wouldn’t he move? 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Well not quite all the way. The stadium was half empty by the end of the game. 

I recognise this will piss off 50% of the people on here as it was probably them but we call other teams out on it so I'm going to do the same here. 

It was our first European semi final for 40 years - yes it didnt go to plan but everyone would agree if we'd have scored that pen it would have been crucial for the return leg. So why not stay and cheer your team on to try and get that 3rd goal in the dying minutes. Our players put everything into that second half, you could see how tired they were. Wonder what it did to their mentality to see so many leaving with 10 mins still left to play. 

I just dont understand it - crowd was incredibly loud for a lot of the game. Fans giving everything to sing their hearts out and get behind the team. And then they just leave when the team needs you the most. 

Funny thing is because so many people had left early the traffic was an absolute breeze when I left. 

Anyway rant over. 

I totally agree. Supporters leaving early, really pisses me off, irrespective of the score people should wait till the end. Had Dougie scored the pen, almost certainly most would not have left. Obviously some have never heard of supporting the club ‘through thick and thin’! 

I don’t accept the stuff about transport links, having kids etc When you go to a night game you know, you will not get home till late, sometimes very late.

I got home to Bournemouth after 2am, later than normal due to the A34 being partly closed again, but that is par for the course! 

• Like 1

Â