Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

3 hours ago, wedge said:

In response to Emi's post-match interview calling on the fans to help lift the team tomorrow and in addition to The 1897 Group's presence, the club in their matchday info have promoted supporters to gather in the Trinity Road fanzone tomorrow for the team bus's arrival at 1.30pm to give the players a raucous welcome to the stadium: https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/20/Matchday-Guide--Aston-Villa-v-Bournemouth/

Tomorrow should be electric!!!

Well I hope it’s better than usual, my nephew loves seeing the players get off the coach but it’s not like when I was younger and the players would come over and sign stuff or at least say hello.  They usually park the coach as close to door as possible and difficult for fans to see, and the players get off the coach with headphones on and go straight in.  I’ll be there but I hope there is a bit more interaction than usual.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Well I hope it’s better than usual, my nephew loves seeing the players get off the coach but it’s not like when I was younger and the players would come over and sign stuff or at least say hello.  They usually park the coach as close to door as possible and difficult for fans to see, and the players get off the coach with headphones on and go straight in.  I’ll be there but I hope there is a bit more interaction than usual.

If it's anything like the Brighton game at the end of last season, your nephew will remember it for many years to come, crossing my fingers!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Lille fans could be used as an example.

They were rocking almost non stop.

Spot on, I think our European adventurers this season have opened our eyes a bit. Legia Warsaw, Ajax, Lille away have all shown us how modern stadia can be conducive to a stadium-wide constant and electric atmosphere for 90 minutes including fans of all ages. 

• Like 2

A few notes on atmosphere unrelated to today.

I think atmosphere in support of Villa is as good as anywhere in England. We can be very reactive to performance and situation on the pitch but I don't think that differs from most.

I do think we are a lot less hostile than other clubs. There's some clubs like Newcastle & Everton that come to mind that always sound like they are hard done by the ref and everything is against them and every decision is against them. It certainly annoys me when playing them but also watching games as a neutral. Would I like us to be more like that? I don't know it's tricky.

Similar, comparing to the European/Ultra side of things. There's no doubt it often makes for louder fans with their 'leaders' orchestrating and demanding chants and routines. However I also like the more traditional 'organic' side of English fans.

There is definitely some middle ground and there are things can be improved.

We do need to support the lads through thick and thin to the end now though. I imagine I'll only make Liverpool & Olympiacos but imagine I'll be pretty hoarse after both of those.

UTFV

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
Neigh

On 20/04/2024 at 20:46, wedge said:

Spot on, I think our European adventurers this season have opened our eyes a bit. Legia Warsaw, Ajax, Lille away have all shown us how modern stadia can be conducive to a stadium-wide constant and electric atmosphere for 90 minutes including fans of all ages. 

I think the other thing is too that the Ultras have so much power in these clubs that extends way beyond just the singing that its easier to build on top of this eg have an area/pyro/flags etc - I noticed in Lille a couple of them were constantly over the hoardings at the front for example which you would never get in England!

Fair play to the lads in 1897, one thing it will do is extend that holte singing into other areas and keep going

Also replying to comment above, agree we can be to nice - Couple of fouls yesterday where we should have been up off our feet calling for yellows, im convinced it influences refs

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

More Bournemouth fans saying how amazing our stadium is and also after the second goal how we were singing loud before and after the goal.  We are one of the best group of supporters apparently from the Holte End.

I think some of our fans have a different view of our atmosphere generally compared to what unbiased away fans think.  Plus a good Vid to watch all the way through giving the oppositions perspective.

Decent video from them, some great VLOGS are available for most teams but I have to say I'm not that impressed with any that cover villa, there's a space in the market.

• Like 1

I normally sit in the Holte, but sat in the corner of the lower north near the Trinity as it was my sons first game.

They started many of the chants which the North stand caught onto, and in time I think will give a good full ground atmosphere. Normally, the North stand waits for a really loud Holte to get involved, whereas it was more proactive yesterday. Give it a few months I think it will be a vital bridge for a full stadium atmosphere and not just the Holte starting everything.

Full credit, keep on going!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tinker said:

Decent video from them, some great VLOGS are available for most teams but I have to say I'm not that impressed with any that cover villa, there's a space in the market.

Nonsense, there are some excellent  Villa vlogs, Villa on Tour, being the best of them in my opinion. The guy from Canada, The Holy Trinity Show, is another worth a shout, there are plenty more.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I normally sit in the Holte, but sat in the corner of the lower north near the Trinity as it was my sons first game.

They started many of the chants which the North stand caught onto, and in time I think will give a good full ground atmosphere. Normally, the North stand waits for a really loud Holte to get involved, whereas it was more proactive yesterday. Give it a few months I think it will be a vital bridge for a full stadium atmosphere and not just the Holte starting everything.

Full credit, keep on going!

Speaking as someone who overlooks the lower North from the Witton Lane, I can assure you the lower north don’t need any triggering from the Holte. They are very proactive in their own right. They generally give any away fans down there a good  verbal pasting 😊😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wedge said:

Supporters are again being encouraged to gather on Trinity Road and by the William McGregor statue for the team bus's arrival at 6.30pm for the Chelsea game on Saturday.

I really love this and it sets the tone, I'm hoping Saturday will top Bournemouth atmosphere wise and will be more hostile for Chelsea with it being an 8pm Saturday KO.

I love this and it’s great for the players to see the welcome.  My only gripe was that we stood there for an hour with my nephew, that even though we thought we got a good position the players got off the coach and walked the short distance in and my nephew got blocked by the stupid car in the way.  It wouldn’t hurt the club to stop the coach 20 metres earlier and let more people see the players.

2 hours ago, wedge said:

Supporters are again being encouraged to gather on Trinity Road and by the William McGregor statue for the team bus's arrival at 6.30pm for the Chelsea game on Saturday.

I really love this and it sets the tone, I'm hoping Saturday will top Bournemouth atmosphere wise and will be more hostile for Chelsea with it being an 8pm Saturday KO.

I will be 8 pints deep minimum so will be a one man 'welcome to hell' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I will be 8 pints deep minimum so will be a one man 'welcome to hell' 

Reckon half the ground will be joining you, should make for great atmosphere, reckon the fans will push us through this to get a decent result. UTV.

Great idea on the coach really set the atmosphere up on Sunday, players looked well happy, like a cup final 👍  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Reckon half the ground will be joining you, should make for great atmosphere, reckon the fans will push us through this to get a decent result. UTV.

Great idea on the coach really set the atmosphere up on Sunday, players looked well happy, like a cup final 👍  

Though I guess we can’t do it too often or it loses its motivational aspect, both for players and fans.  

Â