Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

1 hour ago, ShaldonAVFC said:

Was that when the driver tried  to get away leaving the scousers stranded lol literally outside Aston social 

No they managed to get away and then parked up just before Spaghetti and were heading back on foot towards the King Edward with loads of bricks. The landlady of the KE was vainly trying to get everyone back inside but no one was having it and headed off towards Spaghetti to finish the job started at the Aston Social. I didn’t see what happened but I can’t imagine it was good for the scousers. Between the social and the KE was a Scouser on his back with his Mrs screaming, “look what they’ve done”. 

Redscouse all gob and no respect. Got what they deserved. They’re a different breed the other side of Stanley Park. I hope they stay up. 

51 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No they managed to get away and then parked up just before Spaghetti and were heading back on foot towards the King Edward with loads of bricks. The landlady of the KE was vainly trying to get everyone back inside but no one was having it and headed off towards Spaghetti to finish the job started at the Aston Social. I didn’t see what happened but I can’t imagine it was good for the scousers. Between the social and the KE was a Scouser on his back with his Mrs screaming, “look what they’ve done”. 

Redscouse all gob and no respect. Got what they deserved. They’re a different breed the other side of Stanley Park. I hope they stay up. 

Idiots all of them, if you want to fight then get in a ring or a cage . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I remember that well. I was in a car behind the coach, the scousers giving it the large big time. Until the beer monsters emerged from the Aston Social, oh dear. There were sparked out scousers everywhere that day. 

The bouncers locked the doors but that did not stop them, they kicked down the fence in the garden to get at them🤣

42 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The bouncers locked the doors but that did not stop them, they kicked down the fence in the garden to get at them🤣

We need more of that determination on the pitch!!

I wish we had some different songs to sing as well as witty funny ones.

"Look in the dustbin for something to eat" was funny years ago as well as "sign on with a pen". It would be great to start a unique Villa one and I dont mean "holte enders in the sky"....just some new one or two songs for variety...

Many years ago I used to love singing "knees up mother brown" in the olden days before sky invented football.

There must loads of redundant songs that we used to sing. I guess most of them are not particularly "family friendly" anymore 😊

Regards to all

Derek

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

"Look in the dustbin for something to eat" was funny years ago as well as "sign on with a pen". It would be great to start a unique Villa one and I dont mean "holte enders in the sky"....just some new one or two songs for variety...

Many years ago I used to love singing "knees up mother brown" in the olden days before sky invented football.

There must loads of redundant songs that we used to sing. I guess most of them are not particularly "family friendly" anymore 😊

Regards to all

Derek

I think that all the older more I suppose controversial ones are being phased out with time. When I went as a kid in the 90s loads of the songs against liverpool would be like those you mention.

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Regards to all

Derek

Der der de de der de, Der der de de der de Ohhhhhhhhh knees up Mother Brown, knees up Mother Brown...................

Right side, right side give us a song.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Der der de de der de, Der der de de der de Ohhhhhhhhh knees up Mother Brown, knees up Mother Brown...................

Right side, right side give us a song.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used to like Here we go... back in the day, not heard that since 80s probably

yes i think a lot of these songs get lost in this mists of time or sort of become extinct. Same thing for some of the new songs about players, they just dont seem to catch on or are too elaborate for the general fan to keep up with and therefore have a very small number of people singing them (usually pissed up people on the train lol). The best songs are catchy and stick in the memory, we need more decent ones at VP for sure.

• Like 1

I agree, the songs are largely not unique to us and get sung at most grounds all over the country. I know a Wolves fan at work and he's always saying "Hi Ho Wolverhampton" & others are traditional Wolves songs. It's like the away fans all sing the same songs.. "You're support is ******* ****" or whatever..

I’ve been watching a lot of football recently and one thing that’s stood out for me is how amazing the atmosphere is at teams like Everton and Leeds. They’ve had performances that are terrible and yet their fans have really pulled irons out of the fire support wise. Leeds fans didnt stop singing even at 3-0 down against Chelsea. We have a lot of work to do atmosphere wise! 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I’ve been watching a lot of football recently and one thing that’s stood out for me is how amazing the atmosphere is at teams like Everton and Leeds. They’ve been terrible and their fans have really pulled irons out of the iron support wise. Leeds fans didnt stop singing even at 3-0 down against Chelsea. We have a lot of work to do atmosphere wise! 

Tbh, I think it's a lot easier to rally and get some noise going when you're on the end of a proper hiding than it is when you're being bored to tears week in, week out. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Tbh, I think it's a lot easier to rally and get some noise going when you're on the end of a proper hiding than it is when you're being bored to tears week in, week out. 

True but even when we are poor, there’s no response. I always thought we had the best fans in the world but I really do feel like Everton and Leeds have shown us up recently. And Everton’s form has clearly been in response to their fans. 

• Like 1

Â