Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Think it's maybe hard to forget that VVD is the leagues best CB and Matip isn't a bum

Correct. Same as people complaining too much about Mings and Konsa last night - sorry they slipped up against arguably the best attacking team in world football…

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, they wouldn't count

This is why xG is misleading at times - Ings was through one-on-one three times and should have got shots away but didn’t. None count towards xG despite all being better chances than most chance shots would be. 

congrats on the "goal of the season award" Mr Ings.

Not gonna lie tho, i personally would have picked Ramsey's solo run from the half way line.

Both were good tho.

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

congrats on the "goal of the season award" Mr Ings.

Not gonna lie tho, i personally would have picked Ramsey's solo run from the half way line.

Both were good tho.

They probably knew Ramsey had already won 2 of the 4 awards when picking it… ;)

Looking back at the highlights, it's incredible how he hasn't at least tested the keeper.

The Danny Ings I know of buries so many of those chances missed this season.

Small margins between 0, 1, and 3 points.

Like Coutinho, you just don't lose that though. I still alike him as an all round player.

Hopefully preseason goes smoothly and everyone comes back to their best next season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

We're really not blessed with striking options right now as we'd planned to be a 1 striker team and let Archer and Davies out on loan. Ings is a good player who is going through a slump, which is so frustrating because Watkins has found his stride again and has worked out how to play in a two. It's just our luck, really. Ings was on it when Watkins wasn't and now we've got the opposite. 

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Massively disappointing finishing this season.

Can go on about all the endless link ups but his finishing has arguably been worse than Ollie's and that's something that shouldn't be the case with his reputation.

Yes its been very dissapointing. They say players never loose it but that simply isnt true. Vardy comes straight back in the Leicester side after a long injury and his finishing is amazing. Maybe its a confidence thing with Ings because they say its brilliant in training. 

Edited by PaulC

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking back at the highlights, it's incredible how he hasn't at least tested the keeper.

The Danny Ings I know of buries so many of those chances missed this season.

Small margins between 0, 1, and 3 points.

Like Coutinho, you just don't lose that though. I still alike him as an all round player.

Hopefully preseason goes smoothly and everyone comes back to their best next season.

You get either of those first half chances on target and you very likely get atleast one goal. No excuses really, just poor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes its been very dissapointing. They say players never loose it but that simply isnt true. Vardy comes straight back in the Leicester side after a long injury and his finishing is amazing. Maybe its a confidence thing with Ings because they say its brilliant in training. 

I've generally been disappointed with him this season tbh. Watched him a fair bit at Southampton and he was always buzzing around the CBs. I know he has a few goals and assists but generally never get the feeling he's going to score at an important moment or even be in the game much.

Just have to hope for better next season I guess.

23 hours ago, lexicon said:

We're really not blessed with striking options right now as we'd planned to be a 1 striker team and let Archer and Davies out on loan. Ings is a good player who is going through a slump, which is so frustrating because Watkins has found his stride again and has worked out how to play in a two. It's just our luck, really. Ings was on it when Watkins wasn't and now we've got the opposite. 

2 goals and an assist in 4 games is hardly a slump but I agree he could have had so many more this season. 

For context, Dominic Calvert Lewin, the premier English striker last season behind Kane, hadn't scored in the league since August before Sunday. That's a slump.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

2 goals and an assist in 4 games is hardly a slump but I agree he could have had so many more this season. 

For context, Dominic Calvert Lewin, the premier English striker last season behind Kane, hadn't scored in the league since August before Sunday. That's a slump.

Hasn't he been injured half the season?

• Like 1

Â