Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

(While obviously an inferior option to bringing in a better player, I actually don't think recalling Davis would be the worst thing in the world or some complete disaster anyway, realise this is an unpopular opinion but there we go)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Thanks for making that up.  Here's a quote from Emery himself contradicting what you've said.

Emery said: “Danny is a very good player in the first XI. Against Brighton he scored two goals and, usually, he gives impact. I’m really so happy with him."

So happy that he is selling him at the first opportunity? 

He started against Stevenage and was crap.

Feel a bit sorry for Cameron, our manager must have had a plan to sell Ings on and yet was also happy to loan out Cameron

I hope that Cameron does well at boro and returns to the Villa first team. But as much as I hate to say this, I wonder if the manager does not see Cameron Archer as a Villa player?.......a bloody shame tbh.....

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So we overpaid for Ings by getting him for £25m but selling him for £15m is a poor deal.

Is he just a £20m player or something? :D

Actually i take the first part back we didnt overpay for Ings, we overpaid for a player we didnt know how to use. I am 100 percent convinced Smith had no idea as his struggles fitting Ings/Watkins showed

As for the sale we are helping a potential long term rival stay up and 20 million would be the bare minimum

Always a good pro but clearly not a good fit. To think otherwise would be ignoring reality of the situation

I’m sure Moyes will try to get a tune out of him but to be honest, I don’t see it working out there either. West Ham are the #2 in crosses per 90 and #3 in aerial duels won. Of the West Ham matches I’ve watched this year, they look dire and I don’t think sending Ings as a lamb to the crossing slaughter will help. 

It's a shame he never fullfilled his potential with us, but I guess we didn't really played to his strengths. A good striker, but not for us, really. My only worry is if we get another one in as we're pretty thin in that department right now. It's like when Bruce sold all our central defenders and never replaced them. I doubt that will happen now, though. I trust UE and the board to have a plan.

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

(While obviously an inferior option to bringing in a better player, I actually don't think recalling Davis would be the worst thing in the world or some complete disaster anyway, realise this is an unpopular opinion but there we go)

Would be very underwhelming though.

People wondering why when we're 6 points off 7th we're recalling a guy who's played 5 games for us in about four years to help fire us up the league.

He's done o.k at Watford so has proven himself in championship now. However he's had a couple of injuries so do that and we'll have a spell around April when Watkins is our only fit CF on a matchday.

Plenty of decent strikers around europe we could sign on six month loan so do that, help Duran develop at his own pace and then we can seriously look at options in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Actually i take the first part back we didnt overpay for Ings, we overpaid for a player we didnt know how to use. I am 100 percent convinced Smith had no idea as his struggles fitting Ings/Watkins showed

Ings was purely a "keep the fans happy" signing. We were losing Grealish, and getting a proven premier league goalscorer kept a bit of positivity.

The fact he didnt fit into the team in any way was not Purslows problem at all, he just palmed that over to Dean Smith, who also had no idea how to play him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He certainly suggested he was in his plans, for this season anyway: “Today I think the first player who leaves is Cameron Archer (to Middlesbrough on loan) but I didn’t speak to Danny about it. The idea is to keep him in the squad."

I’m not really sure I understand your angle on this, you’ve suggested this massively disrupts preparations for Saturday and now you seem to be insinuating this is happening against Emery’s wishes? 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

So we overpaid for Ings by getting him for £25m but selling him for £15m is a poor deal.

Is he just a £20m player or something? :D

If his goals keep them up then he was worth circa £200m? 

12 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Feel a bit sorry for Cameron, our manager must have had a plan to sell Ings on and yet was also happy to loan out Cameron

I hope that Cameron does well at boro and returns to the Villa first team. But as much as I hate to say this, I wonder if the manager does not see Cameron Archer as a Villa player?.......a bloody shame tbh.....

Our aim is to challenge for the top 8 places at least, it has been for a while, you have to be a very good player to break into this team and establish yourself. Archer will be a good footballer but to be good enough for where we want to be takes some doing, I hope he makes it as he's very likeable but how many have we had come through over the years? Grealish and JJ, is that it?

If he was anywhere near close enough to being a back up he'd not have gone out on loan with the club knowing Ings was likely out the door. 

• Like 1

Â