Tim Iroegbunam

useless

No pressure. He’s been backed over Donk but I do wonder why Emery didn’t give him minutes over Donk earlier in the season. Was he mostly injured and then getting back to full fitness ?  Would have liked to have seen him start against Boro over Donk. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s exciting to see him get his chance, I hope he takes it and does well. It will give us something a bit different as well which should make us a touch less predictable. 

Also my name is also Tim, so it will be nice to not have a rocket polisher as the last well known Tim to represent Villa. 

image.png.fcb006e0a175fe7609e88a3ef5c9d99d.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Like the Villa rugby shirt 👍

Well spotted! 

There’s a spurious connection there… Tim-nice-but-dim > Tory Boy > David Cameron > shit looking claret and blue shirt

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Well spotted! 

There’s a spurious connection there… Tim-nice-but-dim > Tory Boy > David Cameron > shit looking claret and blue shirt

West Ham?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No pressure. He’s been backed over Donk but I do wonder why Emery didn’t give him minutes over Donk earlier in the season. Was he mostly injured and then getting back to full fitness ?  Would have liked to have seen him start against Boro over Donk. 

He's been a bit in and out. On the bench for the odd game and then disappears from matchday squad for a few weeks. Really to me if he's being prepped to start he should've got about half an hour at least v Sheffield United, could've put him on for Luiz at half time for instance.

Also could've put him on at same time on Sunday as Man. United put on McTominay. Was also only put on at 87 minutes v Chelsea.

Sometimes you've just got to put these games in. Newcastle put in Miley at 17 and he's been excellent and started pretty much every game for them in last three months which is some going and Tim has far more experience.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's been a bit in and out. On the bench for the odd game and then disappears from matchday squad for a few weeks. Really to me if he's being prepped to start he should've got about half an hour at least v Sheffield United, could've put him on for Luiz at half time for instance.

Also could've put him on at same time on Sunday as Man. United put on McTominay. Was also only put on at 87 minutes v Chelsea.

Sometimes you've just got to put these games in. Newcastle put in Miley at 17 and he's been excellent and started pretty much every game for them in last three months which is some going and Tim has far more experience.

I dont recall them giving him many minutes before being forced to give him full games due to injury either. 

I do agree that we could have given him more minutes since we got rid of donk.

Especially in the games you've mentioned that were done and dusted way before changes were made.

Bit hard to read those comments. Suggests he's starting then suggests he wants to give him minutes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Thought he looked really composed when he came on

Very brief cameo but he gave us exactly what Emery wanted from him - energy and tenacity to help see the game out. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 16:57, MrBlack said:

That's the Emery man management side on public show. If that isn't him inplying "he's starting our next game and I'm hoping he'll deliver on his potential immediately" I don't know what is.

Will be amazed if he doesn't start after that comment. Also a little disappointed that he's set that as the scene and then reverted to the options that destroyed our rhythm when Kamara was suspended. 

To those that were adamant he wouldn't play, do you still feel that way?

Definitely wasn't him implying he'll be starting then 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Definitely wasn't him implying he'll be starting then 😜

Seems that way. Although the very few minutes he got looked really promising. And more importantly than that, the team looked totally comfortable without Kamara. Tougher tests will come, but all in all a good day! 

Edited by MrBlack
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sign of a great DMC kick everyone and don't get booked... 

I thought he was noticeably tighter on barkley, not saying it worked out better but he pressed him specifically a lot more, had a job, did it, got minutes in the bank 

• Like 3

Tough situation for him to come into but I think he should start against Ajax. Big games coming up and we can't roll out McGinn and Luiz every game CM for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, roadoftrinity said:

Thought he was really poor and gave away too many fouls 

Yeah well when oliver was giving free kicks for even going near the players may as well make the msor of it and do em properly. 

• Like 1

Â