Tim Iroegbunam

useless

10 hours ago, roadoftrinity said:

Thought he was really poor and gave away too many fouls 

He gave away 2 maybe 3, mixture of over exuberance and inexperience paired with like I said they put him tighter on barkley than anyone else, his fouls were part of him pressing more aggressively 

Didn't see a problem with it myself, the foul in a dangerous area was Luiz not him

From what I've seen of him for our U21s and at QPR, giving away cheap free-kicks seems to be one of his weaknesses, to be fair I don't think he was as bad at it at QPR, but gave away a few frustrating ones last night, top prospect though, and good sign for him that he was trusted to come on when we were struggling, and essentially it worked, as we regained our lead, hopefully more game time to come for him

• Thanks 1

Thought he did OK but has to avoid the fouls that adds to the pressure on the team.

One positive of him playing is that it frees McGinn to play further forward which made some difference yesterday.

Wouldn’t get in a non league team on that performance … but great experience for him and hope it  helps with his learning curve 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Think people are being harsh. Won the ball in dangerous areas a couple of times. Sure was a little sloppy in possession and not on the level of Kamara as a CDM but Kamara is genuinely top quality.

Give him a little more time and he'll get there. 

Nowhere near as bad as I expect people will make out. 

Ajax were tactically spot on and locked off our midfield completely, none of them done much. Full debut away at Ajax in a European competition isn't going to be easy.

I'd be perfectly happy seeing him get more minutes. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

Tim, Rogers and Tielemans where all way off it. Tim and Rogers are learning and likely felt the weight of the moment. Tielemans had no excuse to be that sloppy as he was in the first half.

• Like 1

He was poor tonight, a level beyond him, but I'd rather have Tim out there getting work experience than Dendoncker playing a similar level but getting a pension.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, I didn't expect to see these reactions in here.

I thought he played decently well in a tough centre midfield battle in his first start AND it was away to Ajax. The fact Emery trusts a 20 year old youngster to do that in a European knockout game speaks volumes.

• Like 2

Yeah - he wasn't expansive but he was also never on a walkabout. A bit nervy with some of the touches he took, but he kept possession relatively well for his first in a pretty hostile atmosphere.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Yes I'm baffled by the reactions, other than mistake before he went off, I thought he had a solid game, won possession back a number of times, and at other times when he couldn't win it back, he was still making sure they couldn't pass it exactly as they wanted, kept it simple in possession, but given the circumstances was probably told to do so. Also as I've stated numerous times, he's not actually used to playing as the main DM, given it was his first start for us, and it was away to Ajax in a European Quarter-Final I thought he did okay,

Agree, it's not the QFs though is it?

He was second best a lot tonight. Crowded out in midfield and spent the entire match chasing balls he'd lost.

No getting away from the fact it was a poor performance. Not judging him as a player but that wasn't good to watch at all.

Â